• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Entry level 210mm usuba white #2, Sakai Ichimonji Kichikuni

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schanop

Reaction score
I have been buying quite a number of usubas now, and with two shigefusa in the house, I don't use some of the earlier ones much nowadays.

Up for grab today is my first decent quality usuba, Sakai Ichimonji Kichikuni 210mm white steel #2 Azumagata usuba. I have mentioned many times in the forum that I got lucky with this usuba that it came straight, and had decent grind to begin with.
As it is now, it is well used for a home cook, but still is a very nice condition.

Bevel is flat and polished. I have been sharpening it with hamaguriba, so the clad part is mainly flat with slight curve starting about just above lamination line. Hamaguriba is slight and most of the time I would just touch up the core steel part and give it a high angle micro bevel as it greatly improve edge retention on this typical white steel fragile edge.

The edge itself is flat with slight curve up towards the tip. The knife came this way, but the curve up has been exaggerated from novice usage and sharpening. Still fairly slight though. Back side is in a good shape, thin edge, and may be slightly too thick on the spine :bat: Choil is polished and Saya fits well.

New one with saya with some risk of it not being too straight and has good grind will cost you about USD200.

I am looking to sell this one for 140 AUD + postage, about 30% off.

usuba0.jpg

usuba1.jpg

usuba2.jpg

usuba3.jpg

That's The One! Nice knife; good luck with the sale!

Looks great. If I was a righty I'd be all over this.

Usuba sale is usually slow, bummer. Has every one who has talking about getting an usuba already bought one? Reasonable offer PM welcome.

Usuba sale is usually slow, bummer. Has every one who has talking about getting an usuba already bought one? Reasonable offer PM welcome.

I bought one from Jon about 2 weeks before you put this up.

Roger. Goodies from Jon are always nice. What did you get JC? Hide, Suisin, or Uraku? Did Jon open the blade for you too?

Father day is this coming weekend. I'd make this a father day sale at 125 AUD + postage.

CRAP! Man, what a deal. If this were last month or next, perhaps it would be on the way to me...

Back