Where to buy hattori KD in Tokyo or Kyoto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gator

Reaction score
Hi All,

Friend of mine is visiting Japan... Those two cities, I recall there was a post recently, but can't seem to find it. If someone has a store name/addr or phone plz lemme know :)

I don't remember the name of the shop.. But, on the main road that tsukiji fish market is on, if you walk towards Ginza(away from tsukiji) station, there's a small high end knife shop on the left side of the road. They had one 150mm KD among ittosai kotetsu honyakis and others. Price is quite high however. I was there in mid may.

Thanks, I figure they no longer have it. Oh well, no biggie.

You won't be able to find a shop in Japan where you can walk in and find a collection of Hattoris to inspect - unless it's possible to visit Hattori itself! Better to just peruse around if you have the chance and enjoy seeing what's there, especially Kappabashi and Tsukiji if in Tokyo.

I don't know, apparently it has happened and been documented here before. You could get lucky.

When I was there last April, I did find 7 of them - I bought four, and left three there (which have since all been bought by other forum members, apparently). If the info which was posted here some time ago (i.e. that there is one last batch in the works, ever, and that once this is done no more will be made) it may be difficult to find any anymore even in Japan...

Back