Quantcast
We need your help (read:opinion)
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We need your help (read:opinion)

We need your help (read:opinion)

I was hoping you guys could help us out... here are a few questions i have for everyone here...

First... on the subject of videos

What, if any, subjects do you guys think we are missing in our youtube video series?
    I've got a list of things i want to get around to as soon as i have time, but its always helpful to hear from you guys since i dont always run into the same problems anymore.

And second, on our product lineup

We constantly have new product lines in various stages of development and testing. I have some interesting things i'm currently working on, but i was wondering what gaps you guys see in our product lineup? What kinds of things would you like to see in the future from us?
    We cant promise anything, but most of the time we do our best to make things like this happen. Our product development tends to take a bit longer than some of our competitors, but this is because i spend so much time testing and revising before i'm happy with what we have. For anyone that's been here to our store, i'm sure you've seen all of the prototypes we have here... both knives and stones. Again, we're constantly going through this process, but i was hoping you all might have some more insight into what would be interesting/fun/useful.

Thanks so much.

-Jon

A: video of knives in action i.e. you and Sarah cooking something :-)

B: Chinese cleavers with rat tail tang, like sugimoto handle for example ^_^

sara is always shy about stuff like that, so not so sure about that one

on the cleavers, its already in the works

I've said it before and I'll say it again: video overviews for each and every line you carry in the store (like the Gesshin Ginga video for example).

slowly working through them
    it seems like i'm missing:
    some gesshin heiji
    gesshin hokubo
    jin
    kochi
    suisin
    gesshin uraku

i can do those soon-ish

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    i can do those soon-ish
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    on the cleavers, its already in the works
    Looking forward to this...

it would be like a dream come true if you could make
    1)zakuri blue steel #6cleaver
    2)gesshin kaegro wa gyutos
    3)gengetsu or some other stainless clad blue steel gyuto(theres really not alot to choose from out there)
    youre videos are soo great they really help me a great deal. seeing the knives in action would be a plus though.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Looking forward to this...
    working on them right now... just shot gesshin heiji and kochi. Tried to do jin, but my memory card just ran out of space. Unloading and trying again.

This may be out of line to suggest, but how about a straight razor by one of your artisans?

How about a JKI RV?

Travel the country teaching sharpening classes, showing off your toys (and taking orders, obviously), showing Sara the amazing size and diversity of America, and spending the evening with your favorite customer based in Central Arkansas <ahem>.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.