Quantcast
Suisin Knives- A Video - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suisin Knives- A Video

I understand that, but it's somewhat trivializing to me. I don't think you realize that I wouldn't be here if it weren't for your business and willingness to teach. Becoming a (repeat) customer is essentially a debt of gratitude that will inevitably be fulfilled. Make of that what you want but it's important to me.

Sponsors
    seriously, dont think too much of it. Just give a call when you have questions.

I may call you next week or the following, pending a paycheck and tips. No promises.

Have you guys sold out of the Zakuri Tosagata-bocho? I noticed that it can't be added to the shopping cart.

Sponsors
    yeah, but theres a good chance i have a box of them waiting for me at work tomorrow

Ah! Suisin is pronounced 'suiSHin' I was wondering about that, being into the language thing a bit. Bad spelling on their part. (In Japanese there's no 'si/see' sound, and so I was wondering about this.) Anyway, sorry to interrupt!

I'm not sure why, but I found this to be one of the best videos so far, Jon.
    I'll be in touch
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    Suisin INOX Honyaki can require a bit more skill and time to sharpen well (and the microvbevel technique takes a bit more skill).
    I didn't think of this first time around but is there anything in particular where you would NOT recommend microbevel techniques?

Sponsors
    many knives dont require it, but i often recommend it to people as it can provide better edge stability and toughness as well as edge retention. However, some people prefer knives without microbevels and thats totally fine too. The suisin inox honyaki series is unique in the way it responds to microbeveling and is the only line i will say it is really always a better idea (and recommended by Suisin as well)

I like this video as well but I would argue with the so-called great quality control. I have received several really bad knives; bent blades (1/4"), misshapen handles, crooked handles - from another vendor. In some cases I got exchanges, others, not. So I think buying from Jon is really important because I expect he would add another layer of quality control.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.