Quantcast
PM limits increased

Thread: PM limits increased

PM limits increased

By popular demand all supporting members, vendors, & hobbyist craftsman have all had their PM limits doubled.

This feature will stand at these settings from here on out so you'll have to learn to live with these limits which are quite high now. BTW, I've found that it's not really necessary or at all useful even to have thousands upon thousands of PM's stored so other than taking the time to clean out your boxes it's really not that big of a deal to delete these old messages and make for more room.

I hope that this helps....

Enjoy!
    Dave

also, for those who dont know, you can download old messages before deleting them, so you never really loose anything

Of course, I should just clean up the mess, but this is easier

Stefan

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

Dear Dave,

I agree that it is not necessary to store hundreds or even thousands of PMs in ones In/Out box. But my experience from this and other fora (some use the same engine, some a very different one) is that 100 is often too little. In fact, KFF is the only forum I frequent that offers only 50 for basic members. On the other hand - only one forum (apug.org) seems capable to offer larger storage - 10.000 for each member in fact. And while I do not really need a limit, after going through sale of 10+ items (in parallel) where each sale necessitated several PMs to be exchanged - I quickly went beyond 100 PMs. It would have been very impractical to start deleting existing conversation, or trying to store them (what is a lot of work if the stored conversation should be of any use). Surely - once the sales were over I cleaned (yeas I did) my In/out box and only kept a few PMs for a future reference. Still - after several years of membership these are around 150.

Even here being member for only about a year I have already collected enough PM (that are of value because of the information inside) - that I was forced to store them elsewhere not to hot the limit of 50 - now I will have to go through the stored text, delete double-texts from replies and format it.

Yes - I know your offer more for subscribers, but that is only 100 instead of maybe 1000 (or even more for vendors). I am inclined to become a subscriber (I think this site and the work it does for the community here is worth it - thank you for your work and effort), but it could come with more than 100 PMs.

Just a thought.
    Matus

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Dear Dave,

I agree that it is not necessary to store hundreds or even thousands of PMs in ones In/Out box. But my experience from this and other fora (some use the same engine, some a very different one) is that 100 is often too little. In fact, KFF is the only forum I frequent that offers only 50 for basic members. On the other hand - only one forum (apug.org) seems capable to offer larger storage - 10.000 for each member in fact. And while I do not really need a limit, after going through sale of 10+ items (in parallel) where each sale necessitated several PMs to be exchanged - I quickly went beyond 100 PMs. It would have been very impractical to start deleting existing conversation, or trying to store them (what is a lot of work if the stored conversation should be of any use). Surely - once the sales were over I cleaned (yeas I did) my In/out box and only kept a few PMs for a future reference. Still - after several years of membership these are around 150.

Even here being member for only about a year I have already collected enough PM (that are of value because of the information inside) - that I was forced to store them elsewhere not to hot the limit of 50 - now I will have to go through the stored text, delete double-texts from replies and format it.

Yes - I know your offer more for subscribers, but that is only 100 instead of maybe 1000 (or even more for vendors). I am inclined to become a subscriber (I think this site and the work it does for the community here is worth it - thank you for your work and effort), but it could come with more than 100 PMs.

Just a thought.
    Matus

Thanks for your input Matus. I'll forward this to the new owners.

Thank you Dave.

You're welcome