Close Call on the Sander

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
I was reprofiling a slew of good old vintage carbon, and right when i was about to finish up with an American made suji/slicer, I had the belt blow on me, whip around and whack my work station, narrowly missing my hand!
Damn that was close!

Hahaha. I guess I could have kept the Lefty handle and just become one of those ironically named people. Like a 350lb "Tiny", or Chihuahua named Goliath.

You guys be careful! And PLEASE wear eye protection.

You guys be careful! And PLEASE wear eye protection.
pirate-set-sword-hook-telescope-eye-patch-12276-p.jpg

It will happen again, dont worry its not that bad. I once took a 36 grit blaze belt at full speed on my kmg over the top of my head. Scares more than it hurts.

ARRRRR! And don't forget that September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

[video=youtube;2cKCkbWDGwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cKCkbWDGwE[/video]

Seriously, though, I've known a couple of people who lost sight in an eye who should have been wearing eye protection, so it's a hot button with me.

Hahaha. I guess I could have kept the Lefty handle and just become one of those ironically named people. Like a 350lb "Tiny", or Chihuahua named Goliath.

I used to have a pet pig named "Tiny" 485 lb drunk York/Hamp cross. Used to get into the beer supply, get drunk and chase people around. He thought he was a cop (Tiny was black and white) chasing people into his pen and then closing the door on them and collapsing in front of it so they couldn't get out. Ever try to move an 485lb drunk pig? ain't happenin. I Miss "Tiny". He was tasty though!:hungry3::hungry::knife::hungry3::addsalt::chef2::whatchalookingat::hungry2::thebbq::grilling::cookingegg::cookingdinner::cooking::crytissue::bbq::Beersausage:

Back