New BBQer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Reaction score
Hi,

Since my wife doesn't let me in the kitchen very often or for very long I moved out back and started doing smoking and grilling that turned into a pit BBQ obsession. I was already in love with EATING real pit BBQ, but now I'm diving head deep into making it. Being a bit of a food lover anyway I don't find any pleasure at all in making semi-homemade sauces and sides. Any BBQ sauce that starts with "add a cup of ketchup" is dead to me. That said, I am only a few steps off from being a novice, an enthusiast but untrained with only a few months real experience.

In return for borrowing my wife's J A Henckel Intls (I know, not the high end stuff, but the best we have ATM) I had them sharpened, but still don't do all that I want them to do. They are almost "cumbersome" to use. So I'm looking for something more. The internet is full of "experts" and paid endorsements, making finding real opinions harder to come by, so hopefully I can gain some good guidance here.

Thanks for having me.

C

I spent four years in Eugene as a student, and loved every minute of it.

Welcome to the forum Carl!

welcome! I need a good BBQ sauce recipe to go with the pulled beef I'm making for Saturday. :)

I got several, depending on what you like! :) Good BBQ is good without sauce.

But if food is love, BBQ is sex, hot and wet and a little sticky, the better it is the messier you get!

Welcome to the Knut House, Carl! The trick with catsup is you gotta make yer own!

Welcome! Can't have too much BBQ--or too many knives!

:welcome2:

Always good to welcome an aspiring smoker. Other than occasional sous vide silliness, you will find sound advice here! :bbqsmoker:

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

:welcome2:

Always good to welcome an aspiring smoker. Other than occasional sous vide silliness, you will find sound advice here! :bbqsmoker:

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D
Hahah A KKF classic is born!

Latest posts

Back