Quantcast
Yoshiaki Fujiwara-Kato 240mm review - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoshiaki Fujiwara-Kato 240mm review

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    I agree, if I were to order another Shigefusa now I'd go for thicker than their stock not thinner.
    You know, I was wondering the same about Heiji. I think asking for thinner than stock might actually not allow them to create this same type of geometry, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    You know, I was wondering the same about Heiji. I think asking for thinner than stock might actually not allow them to create this same type of geometry, but I could be wrong.
    my opinion too

Any more updates to this knife? Kind of interested in hearing more about it as you use it more.

Quote Originally Posted by picopox View Post
    Any more updates to this knife? Kind of interested in hearing more about it as you use it more.
    The only update I can give is that it is awesome.
    Light patina but not reactive at all, cuts super, still have not had to sharpen since last time I did so ~3 weeks a go.
    Get one while they available

Get one while they available
    All the gyutos are gone (for now). There were still three left earlier today.

Well that's good. I hope there are more reviews about this. Meanwhile...gathering funds...

Well that's good. I hope there are more reviews about this. Meanwhile...gathering funds...
    Frankly I do not understand what more reviews are needed. A pro chef made a big review, I am home cook and made a review. Another member also did a review, if I am not wrong he is a chef too.
    If a pro says it performs then it performs. I know hard to judge by words, but for what it is worth I like it better than Shigefusa and I am a big Shigefusa fan.

Frankly I do not understand what more reviews are needed. A pro chef made a big review, I am home cook and made a review. Another member also did a review, if I am not wrong he is a chef too.
    If a pro says it performs then it performs. I know hard to judge by words, but for what it is worth I like it better than Shigefusa and I am a big Shigefusa fan.
    Mainaman - I remember someone selling off their 24 cm Shige gyuto recently (went in a flash). Was it you? Another member seemed to think it was. If so, that would be a big statement.

No no no please don't misunderstand. Pro reviews are awesome, I trust you completely. I think I just like to read reviews in general

No no no please don't misunderstand. Pro reviews are awesome, I trust you completely. I think I just like to read reviews in general
    Yes I did sell my Shige gyuto and also suji, and plan on getting Kato suji as soon as I have the money.
    I also have a 180mm Kato petty, cuts superbly as well.

+ Reply to Thread