Quantcast
Yoshiaki Fujiwara-Kato 240mm review - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yoshiaki Fujiwara-Kato 240mm review

Quote Originally Posted by picopox View Post
    No no no please don't misunderstand. Pro reviews are awesome, I trust you completely. I think I just like to read reviews in general
    No problem picopx, reviews are nice but the proof is in the pudding as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Yes I did sell my Shige gyuto and also suji, and plan on getting Kato suji as soon as I have the money.
    I also have a 180mm Kato petty, cuts superbly as well.
    I'm hoping to get one in some form in the future. Thanks for all the feedback on the two you have.

Frankly I do not understand what more reviews are needed.
    Got any pics of your knife?
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

Quote Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
    Got any pics of your knife?
    There you go

Together with Kato petty

There you go

Together with Kato petty

When I saw these pictures, I thought to myself, "MAN! NICE RAZORS!" rather than "NICE KNIVES!"

The knives do look great though. Thanks for the pics!
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

hehe

When I look at the shape of the blade of kato, I think its so... hehe so ponderous and twatt'y...

No wonder people have hard time believing it cuts so well.

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    When I saw these pictures, I thought to myself, "MAN! NICE RAZORS!" rather than "NICE KNIVES!"

The knives do look great though. Thanks for the pics!
    That's exactly what I thought haha

Frankly I do not understand what more reviews are needed. A pro chef made a big review, I am home cook and made a review. Another member also did a review, if I am not wrong he is a chef too.
    If a pro says it performs then it performs. I know hard to judge by words, but for what it is worth I like it better than Shigefusa and I am a big Shigefusa fan.
    Honestly, the reason I'm not sure yet is that I didn't love my Shig all that much. I also recently found a few knives that undoubtedly cut better than my Heijis (a Tilman and a Marko). Neither one of those is a laser, but they're not thick either. I'm wondering if the thick knives can win me back.

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Honestly, the reason I'm not sure yet is that I didn't love my Shig all that much. I also recently found a few knives that undoubtedly cut better than my Heijis (a Tilman and a Marko). Neither one of those is a laser, but they're not thick either. I'm wondering if the thick knives can win me back.
    I completely agree! Not too sure if it gives the maker so much more freedom with grind on a thicker knife? The two things that confirmed this were 1. The 5mm Kato and 2. The 2mm ultimatum m390 that is the worst cutter I own!

Quote Originally Posted by picopox View Post
    That's exactly what I thought haha
    He he you guys..
    I'll post pics of the ones that are mine (in the razor thread) when I am done fixing them.