Japanese Knives Tea at JKI :)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara@JKI

Reaction score
Do you like Japanese tea? Suien sent us a bag of Hojicha as a summer gift... They always give us such generous and unique gifts :O

This is the tea we received... I'm looking for sharing this tea with our friends/families/customers. Come stop by if and when you have a minute :D

img3317j.jpg

img3318l.jpg

Ditto, but I just saw a bike route that goes from Santa Barbara to Venice :) My have to make a trip down there next year :)

I will say, it was some fantastic Tea! Sarah, thank you for all of the Tea today! (and for wrapping my knife so I could rip it open like I didn't know what was inside)

-Chuck

Hojicha is the roasted one?

Everyone at the sushi bar is into making kombucha at home now. Pretty different, but I'm addicted now.

Yeah, hojicha is roasted one.

But it's summertime. Where's the cold mugicha!? Someday I'll vacation on down to SoCal and see the store, can't wait!

we've got mugicha in the fridge at work ;)
If you buy and stock a Seventeen Ice vending machine for the storefront, it'll bump up a visit to Venice Beach on the priorities list significantly. :thumbsup:

And if you get a drink machine, make sure it has Aquarius and RealGold. Damn I miss RealGold. :'(

We tried this tea yesterday with Chuck, and it was really great... Yes, I do think it's a genius idea to place vending machines in front of our shop. I wish a lot more people stop by just to hang out and enjoy tea with us...

If we were to place them, I want the scene to be as ridiculousness as some of vending machine corners in Japan. Like these. (FYI just in case you didn't know... Japanese vending machines can serve both hot and cold drinks)
photo.jpg

life031.jpg

200907202026286b1.jpg

Also I will have to introduce the best of the best from Japan....

cup noodle vending machine (they pour hot water to cook cup noodles)
DSCF3220.JPG

200606041548000.jpg

rimg0058.jpg

Onigiri vending machine.
vender_jp5.JPG

My high school had these ridiculous cup noodle machines in addition to an allay of other vending machines.... i miss having them around :(

I don't know about vending machines but I remember Lawson had these cheap onigiris with the kyuupi and tuna. I miss those. :)

I don't know about vending machines but I remember Lawson had these cheap onigiris with the kyuupi and tuna. I miss those. :)

I often make them for our lunch :) I believe that's one of jon's favorite....

Back