CPM154 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
002-93.jpg

003-84.jpg

004-87.jpg

006-65.jpg

008-61.jpg

009-54.jpg

010-43.jpg

A 260mm in CPM154 wearing thuya burl with copper spacer.I only finished the blade to 1k.

Beautiful-as usual. What is the length on this bad boy?

One of my all time favorite woods, great looking knife, Mario!

Stefan

Amazing work!! I think I need to start making a fund to get in on one of these beauties.

Sexy as f@$k. I still want one. Soon my friend soon.

THANX........I have a lot to learn,and can only get better.

Like my petty review, plain and simple. It is smooth. I have two issues to figure out though. One is that I need a bigger cutting board. This knife gets too crowded too quickly by the ones I own. Two, I need to find a solution to display it when not in use. I have not come across a block that deserves to hold this knife in it yet. I do not have the wall space to use a magnetic bar.

Beautiful knife, Mario. Just stunning, but where's your logo? Not that it 'needs' it!

Beautiful knife, Mario. Just stunning, but where's your logo? Not that it 'needs' it!

It is a pre-makers mark blade.The grind is a little different.My personal taste in a blade is my pre-makers mark grind.....but I need to "sell" them so I changed the grind a bit.

It is a pre-makers mark blade.The grind is a little different.My personal taste in a blade is my pre-makers mark grind.....but I need to "sell" them so I changed the grind a bit.

Can you explain what effect the newer grind has versus your earlier/pre-makers mark grind?

Can you explain what effect the newer grind has versus your earlier/pre-makers mark grind?

It is all-around a thinner knife,the first third of the blade is much thinner.The "effect" would be a personal opinion. I do like my knives more Marilyn Monroe then Kate Moss.

It is all-around a thinner knife,the first third of the blade is much thinner.The "effect" would be a personal opinion. I do like my knives more Marilyn Monroe then Kate Moss.

I also prefer a little sturdier feeling but I would not mind living with either of them. :biggrin:

In fact, today I received my second qyuto of yours that I purchased last week.
This has a little thinner than my first and I feel that it cuts better though.

I am going to see if I can bring the chubby lady to perform as good as the skinnier one over the weekend.

something tells me I want to get my hands on a pre makers mark profile. Great.

Back