Two New Packages - For KKF Members :)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
I've been receiving a fair number of questions regarding soaps, razors, and brushes, and trust me...I love answering them, but I've come up with an idea. I'm going to make a little starter kit for those who are interested in taking up wet-shaving. It's along the same sort of lines as the "sight unseen", but a tad different.

What I will be offering (two to start - one DE, and one straight kit) is:

A bar of my Brooklyn to London Shaving Soap
An Omega Boar brush (as seen on my site). And;
A "beginner straight", or DE razor. The straight will come honed, and shave ready, and the DE will be a nice, fairly mild, good shape razor, with a 5 pack sampler of blades (all quality ones, so don't worry about that :))

The price is yet to be determined, but I'm going to gues it'll be $45-50 with shipping, for the DE kit and $55-60 with shipping, for the straight kit.

What will separate the razors in this kit from, say, the Suzumasa on my site, is the overall condition of the razor, itself. These will have marks/pitting that I can't get off without risking damage to the blade, however, the cosmetic imperfections WILL NOT affect how the razors shave. They will be solid, quality pieces, with a bit of age.

If this is something you might be interested in, pm me, and the first to claim each gets it. At which point, I will give you a "tutorial" on whatever you need to get started.

I hope this sounds like a good deal/idea to you guys, and if not, feel free to speak up and call me out! ;)

Lefty, you have to stop doing this. I'm resisting the shaving thing because I just can't have another hobby /obsession in my life.
With prices and deals like this, you are making it even more difficult!
Cease and desist immediately!!!!

:doublethumbsup: hahaha.

Alright. It looks like one is spoken for, already.

The DE is still available, though I can change it to a straight, if nobody wants a DE (I use a DE as my everyday, and treat myself with a Joseph Allen and Sons Straight). DEs don't get anywhere close to the love they deserve, but hey...it's up to you guys ;)

If it absolutely comes down to it, I can likely make a second straight package and the DE package, but you crazy guys are making me run low on soap! Haha

I would do the straight package, if another becomes available. :)

Alright! I'll see what I can do and let you know :)

Alright, it's a go...I just had to do a count on my soaps (in my head).
It can hopefully get sent out Monday. Send me s pm to sort through the details :)

Lefty if the DE is still available PM me and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Thanks guys! All three are spoken for. I'm really excited to introduce, or at least help introduce these members to wet-shaving. Even in a pinch, there's time for soap and a brush (and a DE). There really is something about a great straight shave, though.

I know I owe one guy, in particular, for introducing me to it, and I'll always be grateful for it.

I hope you guys love the experience and process as much as I/we all do!

Thanks again Lefty. This is a really great deal IMO, and it helped me get the gumption to try out a straight...

Brainsausage, yours is sent out!

The other two are good to go, but I just need the go ahead.

I think this is something I'll continue to offer....

I've tried Sue's stuff, and was pleasantly surprised. She's a sweet lady to deal with and she's overcome a lot (her shop/house burned down a little over a year ago).

I prefer Mike's Natural Soaps, which is why I approached him in the first place, but Mama Bear's is the best true glycerin soap I've tried, by far.

With all that being said, you guys should definitely take a look at her site and unreal selection of scents!

Two new offers for you guys. PM or email [email protected] to finalize the deals, if interested.

First one up is the absolutely BEAUTIFUL Harner Nakiri - http://sharpandshinyshop.com/collections/knives/products/butch-harner-nakiri and this virtually perfectly matching knife bag - http://sharpandshinyshop.com/collections/knives/products/silk-knife-bag-black-dragon

The price for both, for KKF members will be $725, with $5 shipping!!!
This knife is waaaayyyy too nice to be sitting here and it needs to be used!

The second deal for you guys only is: Don Nguyen's gyuto - http://sharpandshinyshop.com/collections/knives/products/don-nguyen-240mm-gyuto with FREE shipping. The same goes for this knife, as the Harner. Someone else needs to try this guy's work out! I guarantee, you'll be very, very impressed!

Thanks guys, and remember, contact me here or on my email to get the deal!

Nguyen has SOLD! Congrats to the buyer and Don! :D

So cheap for a starter shave kit w/ blade? I would have thought it'd be like buying another gyuto. Lefty, what sort of care would you need for such a blade? For example, my kitchen knife stones go as high as a 10k synthetic (on the soft side) and a bit less than than with a softish Jnat. No idea what's required to sharpen shaving knives, but imagine it'd take something at least as high-grit as those, probably more, and harder, correct? I will be getting Maxims new fancy horsehide strop block, though.

I hate shaving anyway, but am worried like someone above that it'd become a new mania for me if I suddenly had straight razors.

Back