• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Watanabe Pro 24 cm kiritsuke-gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered this knife from Marko some time ago, and in the interim I found that the kiritsuke-gyuto profile doesn't fit my style. My loss is your gain.

It is just as I received it from Marko. Blue paper steel, with a natural stone finish Marko put on the blade. The handle is cocobolo and buffalo horn with a nickel silver spacer, with a matching saya and pin. The handle is not epoxied in place, so the blade may be removed if you want a polished finish.

Please note that this is a double-beveled blade ground 50/50, not a single-bevel kiritsuke. It is suitable for both right and left-handers.

$595 includes insured shipping in the US and fees.

file-5.jpg

(This is Marko's pic - I wish I could take them like this ...)
file.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-6.jpg

Great looking knife. I also always liked the basic shape and idea of the kiritsuke, but when using one, realized that the edge is too flat for my taste, I still do have a trace of that European need for a bit of curve in me. Congrats to the new owner!

stefan

It's really beautiful...I would like to have one like this :doublethumbsup:

Andrea

Back