Pass-Around Knife 240mm or 260mm?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I will pass around a a knife in a second half of September. I haven't worked out details, but there will be ten people, 5 pro users and 5 home users. Each will be allowed to keep the knife for a week. Sharpening is OK, as long as people know know what they are doing (borrowing the line from pitonboy). I will also include a stropping felt with 1M diamond spray to be passed around with the knife.
After the pass around the knife will be returned to me for thinning and refinishing and it will be sold at a discount.

I can make either 260mm or 240mm on the edge. Which would majority prefer to try? Just reply with the number and I will go with what majority chooses.

M

Is this the sign-up?
If so, then yes please. Home user.

240 has my vote

260 and let me say how awesome it would be to try out one of your knives!

I would vote for a 260. I have been interested in this size for some time. 240's are just a bit small for me and a 270 can be a hair to long for lots of workspaces.

Anywhere in that range is fine with me but if you're making me choose, I'd go for the longer option. :)

If you need another home boy, at 260, I could fill in!

I am definitely an interested home user. 260 slightly over a 240.

I get paid for cooking so I guess I am a pro. 260 or longer is my vote.

:crossfingers: Hope I get in.

Would love to join if there is still space for a home User. 240 gets my vote. Thanks.

The preference is 68% to 32% for a longer knife. I will wait for a couple of days before making the decision though.

Suppose I'm too new to this forum to get in on a pass around, but my vote would be a 240. And for what it's worth, chef/owner.

hmmm hesitantly a 240, pro user here, would love to try out one of your knives, but I'm north of the border, passarounds seem inconvenient with customs and all, maybe the last in line if possible?

I think someone like Pesky should be last before it goes back to Marko...and then I can get it at a heavy discount ;)!!!!!!

I'm surprised by how many 260 votes there are. I'll say 240mm because that's what I have the most knowledge with and can best compare your knife to.

Way too late for this already, obviously. Plus I'm from the heavily-populated home ranks, so ... :surrendar:

Well, I would have gone for the 260.

By the way, I would have considered selling my lunch tomorrow just to be considered 'pro' for the purposes of this passaround. But there are probably enough pros already too. Maybe the new owner can do a passaround in a few months?

I won't be involved in this but I would go 260. If I had used a 260 or 270 when I first got into this I'd have bought them all that size so at least if it's a passaround it gives people a chance to try something a little different without spending their cash first

I'd so want to sign up, also in the pro-team.
240 because i'm used to it
260 because i want to feel if that's a good size for me

I think someone like Pesky should be last before it goes back to Marko...and then I can get it at a heavy discount ;)!!!!!!

Hell if Pesky gets a hold of it he will be lucky if he can sell it at all!

Speaking of which, where you been Pesky? It's been so quiet a round here.

Back