hi, I am back again but now with a couple of questions about sharpening, As I said in another post, now I will focus on learning how to sharp my knives and later i will get a j-knife.
I currently own a few Wusthof Ikon knives and want to learn how to sharp them properly (dont worry I also have a few $5 to practice on)
My questions are:
- which stone should I get?? I cant really spend a lot of money on this
- the stone that I buy, can be also used on my future japanese knife?
- what angle should I use on the wusthof? (I saw a video on youtube and they were using a 20 +/- angle
- where can i get a good basic sharpening tutorial?
- i have notice that one of mi knives has tiny marks from getting it in and out of the "plastic knife protector", is there a product to polish this marks of?
thanks everyone who has help me on this forum.