Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Annual Japan Trip (Sept 19th- Oct 20)

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    sadly, we have meetings lilterally every day of the trip (usually more than 1 per day)... zero free time this trip. Sorry. We will be in tokyo for some of the same time, but we have plans from the morning to late evenings every day

We go LAX to narita usually.
    Hey, we know you have to say that for the IRS But I hope you will find a good balance - or a lot of overlap - between work and fun.

Stefan

sometimes i wish i was saying that just for the IRS... we're squeezing 6 weeks of plans into 4 this year

I hope I can squeeze in my shopping time in our schedule

ok Jon... I'm just kidding.

Take pictures of higanbana.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsuya View Post
    Take pictures of higanbana.
    I haven never seen higanbana field (or higanbana batake?).... any good locations? They are really pretty...

Neither have I, but I'm told they're not uncommon in my family's neighborhood (Kinugasa, Yokosuka). I've never been to Japan later than August, always spring or summer. I just got off the phone with my mom though, that might change this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsuya View Post
    Neither have I, but I'm told they're not uncommon in my family's neighborhood (Kinugasa, Yokosuka). I've never been to Japan later than August, always spring or summer. I just got off the phone with my mom though, that might change this year.
    I found out that Hidaka city, Saitama has the largest garden of higanbana (and this is a higanbana only type of garden) in Japan... and in this particular garden, higanbana seems to blossom from around mid September for about 2 -3 weeks.

That looks awesome. Itsuka...

Quote Originally Posted by Sara@JKI View Post
    I hope I can squeeze in my shopping time in our schedule ok Jon... I'm just kidding.
    Goodness, can't Jon-san speak Japanese by now? Sara, I think you should be free to shop while Jon does the knife stuff. Daijoubu, I say.

Nice higanbana photo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    Goodness, can't Jon-san speak Japanese by now? Sara, I think you should be free to shop while Jon does the knife stuff. Daijoubu, I say.

Nice higanbana photo!
    Jon is fully aware of my behavior, including bad shopping habit, and this makes it very hard to hide away to go shopping...... Jon wa kowai desuyo....