Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Sashimi slicers, Suisin Densyo, shironiko, & Mizuno AU/SYD

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    wow such beauty's and not much for a movement. If only I had use for a yangi. Not sure about the takohiki, and what it is really. (still a noob)
    Chewie's the man.

A price to pay for being down here :-) much smaller market, and expensive postage, even for local shipping.

Takohiki, really, can be used instead of yanagiba. Many sushi chefs use it instead of yanagiba, AFAIK.

Bump ..

Suisin Densyo 300mm white #1 yanagi, 425AUD + postage
    Suisin Shironiko 300mm takohiki, 160AUD + postage
    Mizuno Hon Kasumi 180mm yanagiba, 130 AUD + postage

Bump .. single bevel knives on BST have been pretty slow.

Damn...that Mizuno keeps winking at me.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - Lawrence

If I wouldt be broke as i am now, I would really seriously own it already. Damn thing, the money.

I think its really cool and usable size actually.

Takohiki is sold, thank you.

Mizuno little yanagi is a cool little bugger. I've been using it as a single bevel petty i.e. kinda similar idea to Jon's Gesshin Ittetsu (Ino) single bevel petty although this mizuno is probably a touch thicker and not as wide/tall.

Since I got shig KU single bevel petty (which is taller/wider, and a bit thicker) with heaps of cloud, this mizuno has been on the back stage and get pulled out every now and then. I kinda like a little wider blade/bevel because peeling in katsuramuki fashion feels a bit easier.

That Suisin Densho is bound to make someone really happy. If I could swing the funds I'd nab it for sure.
    I've got so much great use out of my Suisin shironiko yanagiba, I bet this white#1 Densho version is a killer!
    Looks in fantastic condition too, GLWS.

Densho is in , may be I should say, like new if it's been in a pro environment. It is in a very good condition.

Since I'm a home cook, I can do so many sashimi and sushi meals a week (may be twice or max three times). Having had a Shig 270 and a Hide 300 kensaki yanagi in rotation, which both are easier for me to handle because of their lighter weight, makes me use this densho even less.

Pretty much looking for a good home for this one to get used. It is a really really nice yanagi. And may I quote today's new price from Jon, 560US, and from Frank, 589AUD.

Bump ..

Suisin Densyo 300mm white #1 yanagi, 425AUD shipped within AU
    Mizuno Hon Kasumi 180mm yanagiba, 130AUD shipped within AU