• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Sashimi slicers, Suisin Densyo, shironiko, & Mizuno AU/SYD

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schanop

Reaction score
Hi again everyone,

Time has come, when I realised that some knives are used less and less due to me preferring others. So here they go some of my sashimi slicers, in very good home used condition.

1. Susin Densyo white #1 300mm yanagiba, 500AUD
2. Suisin Shironiko (white #2) 300mm takohiki, 240AUD
3. Mizuno Hon Kasumi white #2 180mm yanagiba, 140AUD

Price is without postage, or you can pick up from my home. Getting more than one (including Sakai Ichimonji Kichikuni usuba 140AUD), will get some discount.

Both Suisin are in excellent condition as I have quite a few sashimi slicers to rotate around where the favour ones are Shig and Hide. I have use and sharpen them enough where coarse grinding from their pristine stage is gone. Takohiki still has some very slight over grind from factory at the heel and at the tip, its ferrule also has a streak of blond.

Mizuno is in good condition, but it came with somewhat iffy grind as you can see a little bit on its back side, not so clear on the front side. I have used fixed it to the best of my knowledge. My newly acquired shig ku single bevel petty has replaced its roll.

All three slicers went to takashima mud bath for a quick photo to show grind/bevel evenness etc.
slicers0.jpg

slicers1.jpg

More close up pictures upon request.

Father day is this coming weekend. I'd make this a father day sale:

Suisin Densyo 300mm yanagiba, 475 AUD + postage
Suisin Shironoko 300mm takohiki, 220 AUD + postage
Mizuno Hon Kasumi 180mm yanagiba, 130 AUD + postage
Sakai Ichimonji Kichikuni 210mm usuaba, 125 AUD + postage

Buying yourself more than one presents get extra discount.

I was confused when the Lions emailed me with a Father's Day offer for this weekend; in North America Father's Day is the third Sunday in June while the first Monday​ in September is Labo(u)r Day.

Sorry for the confusion :) kinda aiming for local here, since postage is usually a killer for international sales. As far as I understand, Father's day in Australia is the first Sunday in September, a spring welcoming of sort, a time to break out bbq from the chill.

For Father's day in Thailand, we celebrate it on the King's birthday, December 5th.

More close up pictures of these slicers. All images are 1200 pixel wide, so you can always
do right click on the browser and ask it to open just image only on a new window/tab.

Some brown bits are just panita and/or smudge that they take very quickly.
For Mizuno little yanagi, I hope you can see the crooked (but not too bad) of ura grind in
the back, which is a little bit uneven.

slicers2.jpg

slicers3.jpg

slicers4.jpg

slicers5.jpg

And the earlier full shots
slicers0.jpg

slicers1.jpg

How about?

Suisin Densyo 300mm white #1 yanagi, 450AUD + postage
Suisin Shironiko 300mm takohiki, 200AUD + postage

Let's see if this would bring any bite. How about?

Suisin Densyo 300mm white #1 yanagi, 440AUD + postage
Suisin Shironiko 300mm takohiki, 180AUD + postage

One more call

Suisin Densyo 300mm white #1 yanagi, 425AUD + postage
Suisin Shironiko 300mm takohiki, 160AUD + postage

wow such beauty's and not much for a movement. If only I had use for a yangi. Not sure about the takohiki, and what it is really. (still a noob)

A price to pay for being down here :) much smaller market, and expensive postage, even for local shipping.

Takohiki, really, can be used instead of yanagiba. Many sushi chefs use it instead of yanagiba, AFAIK.

Bump ..

Suisin Densyo 300mm white #1 yanagi, 425AUD + postage
Suisin Shironiko 300mm takohiki, 160AUD + postage
Mizuno Hon Kasumi 180mm yanagiba, 130 AUD + postage

Bump .. single bevel knives on BST have been pretty slow.

If I wouldt be broke as i am now, I would really seriously own it already. Damn thing, the money.

I think its really cool and usable size actually.

Takohiki is sold, thank you.

Mizuno little yanagi is a cool little bugger. I've been using it as a single bevel petty i.e. kinda similar idea to Jon's Gesshin Ittetsu (Ino) single bevel petty although this mizuno is probably a touch thicker and not as wide/tall.

Since I got shig KU single bevel petty (which is taller/wider, and a bit thicker) with heaps of cloud, this mizuno has been on the back stage and get pulled out every now and then. I kinda like a little wider blade/bevel because peeling in katsuramuki fashion feels a bit easier.

That Suisin Densho is bound to make someone really happy. If I could swing the funds I'd nab it for sure.
I've got so much great use out of my Suisin shironiko yanagiba, I bet this white#1 Densho version is a killer!
Looks in fantastic condition too, GLWS.

Densho is in , may be I should say, like new if it's been in a pro environment. It is in a very good condition.

Since I'm a home cook, I can do so many sashimi and sushi meals a week (may be twice or max three times). Having had a Shig 270 and a Hide 300 kensaki yanagi in rotation, which both are easier for me to handle because of their lighter weight, makes me use this densho even less.

Pretty much looking for a good home for this one to get used. It is a really really nice yanagi. And may I quote today's new price from Jon, 560US, and from Frank, 589AUD.

Bump ..

Suisin Densyo 300mm white #1 yanagi, 425AUD shipped within AU
Mizuno Hon Kasumi 180mm yanagiba, 130AUD shipped within AU

Finally, both Suisin and Mizuno are sold pending fund.

Dang it. A Takohiki is on my very short list, but this darn left-handedness keeps blocking me...

Sold, and am waiting for the post office to open to post these.

Back