The Mini Apple

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles

KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Due to an impending family gathering, I'm headed to Minneapolis for a long weekend. While I expect most of our time will be spent on family obligations, I'm pretty sure we'll have at least one night free. I have friends in the area whose opinions I trust, but I thought I'd poll the crowd here as to whether there are any "don't miss" restaurants around the twin cities.

If you are a fan of chinese food, there is a restaurant off of the U of M campus in a spot called Dinkytown that has the best sesame chicken I have ever had in my life. They are also well known for their seafood dishes and I really love the Szechuan Lobster. I have been known to go out of my way by two hours on my way to our cabin in northern wisconsin to hit it.

If you are looking upscale - there is the 112 cafe which is run by James Beard award winner Isaac Becker. I have only been there once but it was quite good.

I haven't lived there for over 16 years, so I only get an occasional trip to the cities.

Send Mr. Drinky a PM, he is the closest member I know to the Twin Cities. I am not sure how often he gets there, but he may have some thoughts.

Back