New JNS Website

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Skærmbillede 2012-08-29 kl. 13.29.01.jpg

Ok i did the switch to the new layout more and clean more bright

Sweet, now I am going to get an instinct for how much a Krone is worth.

at the hader below big JNS there is converter just choose USD and all prices will be in USD ;)

Still making some changes so please let me know if something is not right :)

Looks great! One comment: when hovering over the top-level menu items "Japanese Natural Stones" or "Custom Knives", you get a drop down with additional choices, but you don't get those choices when you click on the item. This is not an issue on a computer with a mouse, but is a real pain on a tablet-like device like a Kindle or iPad. Please allow users easily to navigate the site by clicking, without requiring hovering over an item. (I made a similar comment about the JKI site.)

Thanks,

Mark

Very good point !! I will try to work on that

Ok i just try it both with Ipad and iphone and all works fine hovering is not a problem on that platform :)
Just click one time and it will show pup up where you can choose.

Ok, I'll try it out later tonight when I get home. Thanks!

Anyone tested it on mobile devises please give me some feedback :)

Formats great on my iphone, don't think I have anything to comment on tbh.

I have a suggestion: as the background of the new web pages is white, I think it'd be better to photograph the stones with a clean white background too. The white would make the stones look clearer and better I think, and it'd match. Right now all the older photos have a black frame around them.

I know you did this intentionally to get the site to load faster, but I really miss the High Resolution photos of stones and knives. Now, when I click on the Picture for a larger image it does not actually provide one, just the same image in a new window (Maybe a little bigger!). I initially thought it was a computer problem, but i have tried it on 2 separate windows machines and 2 separate macs, and the results are the same. It is not a huge problem, I just love high res!

Thanks,
Chris

Yes - didn't investigate the photos so much, like Chris, but noticed it was different and less convenient.

I have a suggestion: as the background of the new web pages is white, I think it'd be better to photograph the stones with a clean white background too. The white would make the stones look clearer and better I think, and it'd match. Right now all the older photos have a black frame around them.

Yes that is actually whole idea :) On the black background all colors on the stones was bad.
I have now comprised all old black pictures thats why they are smaller. And will start with new stones on white background :)

I think functionality where hovering a mouse over alternative images and automatically replacing the main image in product page is not working too well. It is ok if all the images have the same height, but behavior is broken when images have different height. The result is that the content below alternative views i.e. description is jumping around. A bit annoying, but can be worked around by not moving my pointer over the set of alternative images.

Thanks ! I will look in to that if i can change it, i just notised it my self :)

One more bug found, this is related to currency conversion and next / prev buttons.

Let's say start with this url:

http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/Japanese-Natural-Stones-s/1814.htm

When changing currentcy conversion url has change to :
http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/URLrewrite.asp?404;http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com:80/Japanese-Natural-Stones-s/1814.htm

With this url, next / pref buttons at the bottom of the page won't work, clicking next would result in:

http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/URLrewrite.asp?searching=Y&sort=11&cat=1814&show=40&page=2

Not a biggie one.

Hovering over the top-level menu items is still a pain, by the way, at least on a Kindle.

Back