Straights, soap and you.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been using/maintaining knives for quite a while now and a few weeks ago I decided to give straight razor shaving a try. It so happens that Tom opened his store at the same time... selling knives and straight razor stuff. It was right up my alley and I jumped on it. When you go on his site and see that sweet leather travel roll was sold, yup that was me. He sent a bar of the Brooklyn to London shaving soap along with it.

I picked up an old Spike straight, sharpened it (1.2k, 5k, 10k, .3 powder, .1 powder, leather strop). I waited for a day off (today) woke up at 1, fixed myself a martini and got to shaving.

After using Edge neon gel stuff for so long, the Brooklyn to London soap was awesome. The scent is very strong so I was worried a bit that I too would be that scented but needlessly. It builds a lather quickly and gives a pleasant clean feeling. Its a simple, well made, great product.

I go for handmade soaps. Colleen is working out ways to get her soaps up and running again :) A good thing as I'm running low LOL

I enjoy looking for new makers but so few really work well as shave soaps... Even when they are sold as Shave soap :(

I go for handmade soaps. Colleen is working out ways to get her soaps up and running again :) A good thing as I'm running low LOL

I enjoy looking for new makers but so few really work well as shave soaps... Even when they are sold as Shave soap :(

+1, I am waiting for her to get me re-stocked on the fabulous Bay-rum Orange cream

Thanks, Travis. I'm sure you'll like it even more the better you get to know it. It's a straight-forward soap, but like all of them, once you dial it in, you'll like it even better.

Back