So my girlfriend's moving back to Seattle...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatsuya

Reaction score
Is this is an opportune time to pass on my Tojiro knives as a housewarming "gift" and buy something better? Or should my conscience be stopping me? :devilburn:

I try to never gift knives to a female(there are exceptions) as it's bad juju. Too likely a possibility they could be used against you. Ditch your consience and buy some new knives anyway, hey you deserve it! The new knives will be in celebration of her moving back.

I knew there was a reason I should not have given my wife those guns :p ...

I try to never gift knives to a female(there are exceptions) as it's bad juju. Too likely a possibility they could be used against you. Ditch your consience and buy some new knives anyway, hey you deserve it! The new knives will be in celebration of her moving back.
Well the way I see it is we'll be living together someday when she'll actually cook for me, lol. So I need to break her in and enlighten her when it comes to the joys of using a quality, sharp Japanese knife. Right now she thinks it's a simple obsession, like American-made hand tools. Before she touches the rest of my knives, she'll know to pinch grip, clean after use, etc. :D

... or those credit cards...

I'm not following you, the credit cards should be stopping me?

I think he was meaning from DC. Reading I should have never given my wife those guns...... or the credit cards.

I see. I'll take some notes for the future. :p

If you give her the knives the stones have to go with them. Otherwise, you are being too mean. I have people wanting to buy a Tojiro cow sword after using mine. I tell them it's just like a horse. A reasonable beast is cheap. It's the trailer, truck, vet fees, boarding, ferrier (equivalent to the stones and the time). But, it is a good excuse to visit and get paid back in special ways...i.e. she cooks and cleans up??

Last edited:
Unless she is like Lucretia!

After that "logic" comment I was biting my tongue and staying away from this thread... :zippedshut:

Thanks, Spike, for having my back!

I like going to the range and I don't think you should buy a Mossberg either...

Discriminating Logic

Wow, you people are way too serious and uptight. It's a meme, there's a man logic one too. And dave, your reasons are obviously different.

Back