Coming Saturday - Stabilized 5460 Year Old Stabilized Bog Oak

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
These got back from K&G sooner than I expected. UPS just dropped them off a few minutes ago.
I will be cleaning them up today and start listing them in the web store tomorrow.
001-38.jpg

These are big blocks about 5&3/4" x 2&1/2" x 1&1/4" in size.
The wood has been carbon dated to be 5460 years old. A copy of the report will be included with blocks purchased.
Cost will be about $75 each. A bit higher for figured pieces.
Repeat customers can have a 20% discount.

I will make another post in this thread when they are ready in the web store.

These are the ones I have cleaned up so far.
I will be pricing these and taking photos in the morning.
Should be able to get them in the web store around noon PST.

The bog oak is darker in person. The camera flash makes them look lighter. Colors range from dark gray to black.
I really like this stuff. I am having a knife made using some of this mixed with red koa.

005-13.jpg

And there is a little bit of Black Palm that I have cleaned up as well.

004-13.jpg

Awright...it's Saturday here. Where's the wood?!? :spiteful:

Stunning good looking. Never think about the the solid wood block could be such impression.
I appreciate on the tea table chisel from a old tree root, and also your attention the wood itself.:lol2:

He said noon, PST on Sat!

Mark, can you set one of the big, dark stabilized blocks aside for me? I have an order waiting for one, but I will be asleep by the time you post them (working 3rd shift). Thanks!

He said noon, PST on Sat!

Mark, can you set one of the big, dark stabilized blocks aside for me? I have an order waiting for one, but I will be asleep by the time you post them (working 3rd shift). Thanks!

I will save one for you.

Oh awesome!!! I have the perfect project for that, but I'm headed out now and may be gone all day. Could you please set aside a cool-looking piece of the dark grey for me? Thanks!!!

Sweet, I got 2 blocks!! Mark, no need to hold one out for me anymore! Whoo Hoooo!!!!

It happens every time -- as soon as I place an order, something else shows up that I want/need/covet :-(

These are some of my Best Redwood Burl and Snakeskin Sycamore that I just finished adding to the web store.

Damn man did I miss out on the figured stabilized pieces??!!! Is there any figured stuff left?

It's hard to tell the figured pieces; the ones I saw were all $75 IIRC, so either they all went really quickly or he hasn't posted them yet. I managed to snag 2 blocks before he sold them all :)

I snagged one just to be safe and 1 hour later they were all gone. I hope I didn't miss out on them. They popped up so quickly while I was at work. As usual. :(

These ones Mike mentioned are Natural Pieces - Not Stabilized.

Some of the blocks had figure but it was hard to see. So I just priced them all the same.
I will clean up some more and get them in the store ASAP.

:slaphead:

Sorry, Mark. My bad.

The last batch of this sold out real quick so I cleaned up some more blocks.

I just finished adding another batch of Stabilized Bog Oak to the Web Store.
Click on the photo to go there.

If anyone is still interested in getting a block of the stabilized Bog Oak,
there were still 8 stabilized blocks in the web store the last time I looked.
Here is a link.

5 now. Gratz on the sale Mark looks like these wont be in store very long.

Back