WIP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I don't show a lot of WIP photos because my work isn't nearly as dramatic as the knife WIP photos I have seen. Some of those knives are stellar!

In the last 2 weeks, I have completed 70+ boards and plans are to have at least 70 more completed in the next two weeks. With three major shows coming up in Oct and Nov, plus the Christmas season rush, I need to stock up now. With that said, here is a photo of the last trailer load of raw stock just recently brought into the shop. The trailer can handle up to 3500 pounds and I have 2600 on there in the photo. And another will be brought in this coming week.
DSC_0174.jpgDSC_0171.jpg
DSC_0172.jpgDSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

The bottom three layers are hard maple, one cherry, two mahogany and two walnut.

Along the way in the coming weeks, I will post some in-process photos of a couple of boards that might be of some interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Can't wait to see more pics of how these boards are made, and more importantly receive my first board :)

I had to start posting to my folders on kkf, then using the url form there to post in threads. No idea why.

David,

Which mahogany? Is it sapele?

Thanks.

Awesome, one of those might end up being my board!!! Can't wait to see it in person!

hope to see my board soon been waiting for 8 weeks time is killing me :)

hope to see my board soon been waiting for 8 weeks time is killing me :)

I post a photo but I can't seem to get a photo to stick since I last tried in the OP 11 days ago.

I don't know what the picture problem is but try using the advanced reply format and manage attachments in the meantime. You should be able to upload full size images that will show as clickable thumbnails.

I'm working on figuring out the attachments issue though.

Just upload them to photobucket and use the URL link. It seems to be the easiest way.

Back