help need!! custom handles with match sayas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cclin

Reaction score
hi everybody, I finally decide to dressed up my Yoshikane gyuto! the only woodworker I know who does both custom handles & match saya is Isaiah Schroeder at ****. could anyone recommend knife-maker or woodworker will do both handle & saya with good F/F & price??

Darkhoek does some nice stuff if Oivind isn't keeping him busy

Marko Tsourkan. He's a forum member along with Eamon, as Son mentioned earlier. Both are very skilled and do beautiful work.

You could get a custom handle, and send it to Eamon afterwards just sayin

You could always contact Mike and Mike (Henry and Davis)

Marko Tsourkan. He's a forum member along with Eamon, as Son mentioned earlier. Both are very skilled and do beautiful work.

I thought Marko stop doing custom handles & sayas??

I'm sure if you are willing to offer enough money and had enough time to fit his busy schedule he would be willing to do the job.

...if you are willing to offer enough money.......he would be willing to do the job.

:yeahthat:"enough money"?? how much is "enough "....no... no ...no...ooooooooo money!!:crying:...:helpsos:need more money...need more money.....need more money......

I'd go with Mike and Mike, or Mike and Eamon, or Stefan and Eamon, or Eamon....

Mike Davis might, if he can find time. He's a busy guy, but it might be worth a try!

The work that Eamon has been doing looks pretty good if the style works for you. Have you seen the set that he did recently?

The work that Eamon has been doing looks pretty good if the style works for you. Have you seen the set that he did recently?

I prefer Catcheside & Marko's style! however, Eamon's work is very attractive too!:doublethumbsup: especially this one...
DSC_0038.jpg

ask Eamon to taper and round off the edges and use exotic woods and i bet you'll love it.

I'm sure if you are willing to offer enough money and had enough time to fit his busy schedule he would be willing to do the job.

Not true, I no longer take custom work and don't see this change for some time.

M

A hundred grand? ;)

I say, Eamon's your guy for both, but everyone we've suggested would do great work.

I'd go bog oak or Ebony (for its brown hues), with a bocote ferrule and ebony saya with a bocote spacer.

There are a couple of the forum members in the area who have been coming to my shop and I showed them how I make sayas (handles are coming up), so they might step up and offer some work in the near future. In the beginning, it will probably be done in my shop, so the look and the quality will have to be comparable to mine, or their stuff won't leaver the shop. :laugh:

M

I'd go bog oak or Ebony (for its brown hues), with a bocote ferrule and ebony saya with a bocote spacer.

I kinda thinking about stabilized spalted Hackberry wood with ebony spacer! this is my first custom handle+ match saya, I prefer light burl wood with dark ferrule. I don't know much about wood??:scratchhead: any advice & suggestion welcome:doublethumbsup:....
Finishedsuji01.jpg

That's got Harald Anderson written all over it.

Olive wood is unbelievably beautiful too. Take a look at it.

Back