Japanese Knives natural stone testing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
finally getting around to testing some new natural stones we got in... starting with the coarse stuff and going from there...

240963_10151069094788860_1750184120_o.jpg

I wouldn't mind having the one on the left just to have it. I get first dibs if you decide to get rid of it. :)

I have an Amakusa from another vendor. Kinda slow for a 800-1000 grit stone, but leaves a nice edge. Builds up some mud after a while, too. I guess I am spoiled by the Bester 1200; that's a fairly fast stone! I do love the coloring in the Amakusa though!

I wouldn't mind having the one on the left just to have it. I get first dibs if you decide to get rid of it. :)

"wouldn't mind" is the most interesting phrase.... I hear this from Jon a lot. He wouldn't mind keeping all our knives and stones (if I'm not staring with angry eyes)

Angry eyes? We've all seen your photos, Sara, and I can't imagine you with angry eyes. Maybe that's the problem.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if my wife had the same problem!

almost done testing the new natural stones... they should be up on the website in the next day or two

621691_10151071857493860_2108865828_o.jpg

can't believe how fast those stones found their new owners.... :bigeek:

Back