The knives I have with me these day in NYC.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Well, I got to thinking that maybe I should post the knives I have here after the robbery. Many of these are vintage if not antiques. Some I inherited from Chef and I will be posting those in a separate thread in the coming days. Some will be moving on to new homes and some are going to be given new life. I only have three Japanese knives in the bunch and only 2 of them are truly made in Japan and one is a Carter suji . Enjoy the photos. Most of these will be gone in a week or two and will be replace with others.

let's try it now

son's knives 012.jpg

son's knives 011.jpg

son's knives 010.jpg

son's knives 008.jpg

son's knives 005.jpg

son's knives 004.jpg

son's knives 003.jpg

son's knives 001.jpg

son's knives 046.jpg

Some gems in there. That cleaver looks pretty cool.
Thanks for sharing Son.

top row left.
240mm hiromoto Hc
3 1950's-60-s American scimitars
10" sabatier with aluminum ferrule
8" landers frary and clark chef knife turn of the century
6" sabatier boning knife (one of chef's)

Top row right:
1950's forgecraft cleaver
240mm takeda gyuto
8.1 sun carter suji kurouchi I think white something there is and H on the blade
pre civil war J.W. Onderdonk slicer with silver collar and antique ivory handles
150mm will catchsides petty in crushed w's damascus
150mm Spike pettisuki in O1
150mm Del Ealy petty in AEB-l

Next grouping left:
4" stubai Austrian paring knife 1960's
4" classic Henckels paring knife
1930's 3.5 in carbon steel German paring knife ( best paring knife I have ever used) thin as tissue paper.

next grouping right

civil war era three tine forks. ( great for flipping bacon and other stuff) and they look cool.

3rd grouping left:

2.5 inch civil war paring knife
6 in J. ward slicing knife
3 Meriden cutlery company 1880's bone handled table knives( conversion to paring knives started by chef and never finished)

3rd grouping right:

2- 8" forgecrafts one never used one from the 50's
4- 10" forgecrafts one never used all others ranging from the 40's to 60's
1 forgecraft cleaver

last grouping are Chef's personal knives

14 inch Lampson and Goodnow Chef knife( chef carved the handle from an oak pallet)
12 inch Unmarked Sabatier chef de chef also known as a "cuisine massive", chef replaced handle (Heavy and thick like a deba)
11 1/2 inch 1878 medaille de or chef knife also chef replaced handle super light laser.

Will do! Thanks for sharing your collection btw, I got blinded by my forgecraft lust and my manners went out the window!

Son, let me know if/when you've got anything for sale.

And I thought I had to be the only person on the planet who digs three tine forks. :doublethumbsup:

Sad to think what was lost in the robbery (at least your old Chef's knives were spared), but this is still an impressive collection.

The Sabatiers and that one pristine looking three-tine fork (in the middle of its grouping) are my favorites.

Thanks for sharing Son.

Those are called bacon forks! At least, that's what my Grampa called them....

Very cool, Son. Hopefully, you can add the Rogers to the mix soon. :)

Cool collection! My uncle has a scimitar that's very similar to the bottom one in your first picture--I'd never gotten a chance to use a knife like that before visiting this past summer and it was a real blast! Love the vintage German carbon parer there too.

Would the recurve be the result of fifty years of steeling, or is it the original profile? I find it hard to recognise a désosseur.

fifty years of steeling and grinding wheel. that knife tip is probably only a 1/4" wide now. fairly useless actually, but chef could make it sing.

Latest posts

Back