Just purchased a Kasumi 24CM kitchen knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martyk

Reaction score
Just purchased a Kasumi 24CM kitchen knife and am VERY pleased with it.

It is amazing!

It's razor sharp and like it so much im reluctant to even use it! Which is silly really as it is a knife!
But i don't want it to be blunt and can only really feel confident in using it when i know what peoples recommendations are on the best thing to use to maintain its sharpness.

Would i just need a steel honing rod as it is already sharp?

Or would i need to run it through what i have already which is a Minosharp Plus.

am i right that if i sharpen the knife after every use it will stay as sharp or even sharper?
Also would it just need honing if it is already sharp?

Please let me know guys as this is a completely new knife to what im used to as i only have victorinox as my other knives!

Thanks in advance.

Mart.

When it stops cutting like it was once cutting, hone it.

When the honing stops working, sharpen it.

Don't put it in the Minosharp, dude. :nono:

I'd keep it up with a strop. I've never been satisfied with the performance of anyone's VG-10 off a honing rod.

Yeah, don't use a minosharp.
Strop it in between sharpenings. If you feel that japanese waterstones are overkill for you, get a Spyderco Sharpmaker, it'll give you a decent sharpening

Nice man. About 10 years ago that was the first j-knife I bought. I don't use it much anymore, and I'm probably going to try to sell it in the BST sometime soon. Enjoy the knife!

And the VG-10 is tough to sharpen in this knife. I'd suggest a bestor 500 and 1200 stone at the least. Both work well for the knife.

My Kasumi 6" boner is still in heavy rotation in my work kit(cleaning tenderloins,breaking down chickens)
My santoku has been regulated to home "sandwich" knife...:)

I used to have the same Kasumi. Great little knife. The boning knife is good too. I had the paring knife as well, but some jerk stole it! Enjoy!

back in 2006-7 i used that knife and i have to say i like the handle very much. The blade aint bad.
Also I would like to own one, again.

Jayhay, will PM :)

I have Kasumi 20cm and it's realy the sharpest knife I've ever seen. Kasumi makes nice whetstones too, I have their combination stones 240/1000 and 3000/8000 grits.Enjoy your Kasumi Martyk :doublethumbsup:

Latest posts

Back