Neck knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgraeff

Reaction score
Hey guys i got this awesome neck knife from Mike Davis and its wonderful but i was wondering how i can get it to lay flat more now it tends to twirl while around my neck any ideas?

Photoon9-3-12at226PM.jpg

The sheath needs to be square shaped and have two holes so the cord can run like this to prevent twisting:

file-3.jpg

It doesn't look like there's enough clearance to put two holes in that sheath, so you may have to have another made.

Rick

right well any ideas on how to makeshift something to fix this?

i was thinking maybe a tube attached right about it and run the cord through that?

My neck knife rides right side up.
2 holes in the back and it stays pretty flat.
The longer the lace, the more likely to turn.
I think flat lace might help as well.
001-39.jpg

Yeah, a horizontal brace at the apex of the cord would help, but new sheath styled like the one Rick posted is the way to go. You ought to email Davis on this anyway though, as its a design annoyance he would likely want to address anyway.

right well any ideas on how to makeshift something to fix this?

i was thinking maybe a tube attached right about it and run the cord through that?

How much room is there in the sheath? Is there enough to punch a couple of holes at the edge of the sheath for the cord?

Or cut a 1" square piece of leather, rivet it to the sheath using the hole that's there, and then punch a couple of holes for the cord.

Whatever will allow you to get a couple of attachment points at least 3/4" apart.

Hove a magnet implanted into your chest.

il email Mike and see if he has a solution i dont think there is much room there, this is actually the second sheath as i asked him to slim it way down never wore it enough the first time to realize it spins a lot.

What Rick said.

Any pics of the knife itself?

Sorry, i tried to email a description of this to you, but i guess i failed lol. Try this...This will stop the spinning and make it lay flat.
2012-09-04_16-28-39_474.jpg

i knew there had to be a way haha thanks Mike!!! Il get some pics of the knife up its a sure beauty!!

slight patina already started, mammoth tooth, westinghouse ivory ( i believe) and i think its 1095 steel.

That's incredible! 1954 Westinghouse Ivory Micarta? If so, hot damn! Actually, either way, HOT DAMN!

That's one hell of a knife guys!

Ya I love this thing! One of the best pieces I've see . And yes I believe that's what the micarta is :)

No, it is mammoth ivory. And the steel is W2 :) Glad to see you are using it :)

Back