Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Next Knife Project

[QUOTE=Pensacola Tiger;9854]Wait a minute. Is this like Clark Kent and Superman? Has anyone seen them both in the same room at the same time?

Hmm, if Devin was a super hero, who would he be? Or maybe he really has just created his own unique superhero "Hoss Man", able to shape a billet with a single blow and instantly heat anything to 1500 degrees....and he is bullet proof and has a damascus cape.

Admittedly, I don't have a DT knife, but I think a tee shirt would be in my budget :-)
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

[QUOTE=kalaeb;9956]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Wait a minute. Is this like Clark Kent and Superman? Has anyone seen them both in the same room at the same time?

Hmm, if Devin was a super hero, who would he be? Or maybe he really has just created his own unique superhero "Hoss Man", able to shape a billet with a single blow and instantly heat anything to 1500 degrees....and he is bullet proof and has a damascus cape.
    That's easy Thor

Spike: what's your setup? I.E. Cut with band saw, grind with KMG, heat treat in homemade forge?

O' and just some good advice, don't make knives after taking sleeping meds.

As far as Hoss Vs Devin go, Hoss is the guy with the hat on at he Knife Shows.

I use a jigsaw to cut the shape, a jewelry burnout oven to HT, and a ShopSmith 6X48 belt sander to grind.
    And I don't take the sleepers until 8 PM!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Here it is finished. I used my logo on this blade, butt I didn't cut it deeply enough, as I did it before HT and grinding removed some of it. I guess I could call it patina.

Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Gotta work on the focus for this angle!

Spike C
    Pirsig

After looking at Takeda's catalog, I've decided that this is a Banno Bunka-Bocho!
    Spike C
    Pirsig