Hydraulic Egg seperation technique

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a roll today...another great find.

I can confirm that trick works wonderfully, after using it to make hollandaise sauce on Monday morning.

I hadn't seen this before, will be trying it next time.

Hah! Pretty neat!

Although I just kept thinking about having to wash the bottle. Think I'll stick with passing the yolk back and forth between the eggshell halves.

Hah! Pretty neat!

Although I just kept thinking about having to wash the bottle. Think I'll stick with passing the yolk back and forth between the eggshell halves.

I haven't ever worked a line....but I would expect there to be an abundance of these kinds of water bottles generated on a daily basis in a typical kitchen?

I haven't ever worked a line....but I would expect there to be an abundance of these kinds of water bottles generated on a daily basis in a typical kitchen?

In the kitchens I have worked in, there are hardly ever these kind of bottles.

Way more people drinking out of delis than water bottles.

I've done this a couple times but I found that the egg shell method is faster.

It's a cool idea and there's a ton of copycat videos out there. To be honest - when I'm working fast and don't have to be super careful, I just strain through my fingers. When I have to be precise, I use the egg shells.

I just pass the yolks between my fingers,much faster..cool trick though.

I'll second that LOL. A common theme when I've guested in restaurant kitchens is searching for a drink...a ladle and a faucet are your friend.

I'll second that LOL. A common theme when I've guested in restaurant kitchens is searching for a drink...a ladle and a faucet are your friend.

Surprised by that...thanks for the insight!

Have to give this a try. Hopeless at passing through my fingers...

I pretty much crack all eggs in to a bowl and scoop out all egg yolks with my fingers. Pretty much what this guy did but more sloppier.

single egg I would do through my fingers.

Never seen that before, but its just an eyecatcher. I cannot imagine myself standing with a bottle if I prep for yolk cream and have cracked 400 eggs.

And if eggs are aboout to be used in dozen or so, i just use shells. It has somethng to do with me having obsession of clean hands - when i touch the eggs-insides I get pissed off lol.

Back