Quantcast
Up and Coming - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Up and Coming

Is this what it feels like to be Gary Bettman?

09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Wow! Love that damascus paring knife!

Yeah, where's that listed?
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

They both are amazing knives!

So, this is kinda a funny situation to be in, and one that I sort of put myself into. However, the messages and emails are awesome, but I'm not going to get into a bidding war, or rather allow you guys, to sell this. There is a set price, and it is $285. I know there are a couple guys who would go higher to pass over the first people who emailed/messaged, but that's not how I like to do business (very flattering for Pierre, I'm sure!).

Thanks for the interest guys, but I'll post if this magically becomes available on here.

Thanks, and sorry....
    09/06

Well, that was quick! I'm not sure Pierre can make them as fast as you guys snatch them up! Both parers are SOLD! thanks, guys! I know Pierre pours everything into his blades, and quick sales like this show that we all appreciate it!
    09/06

As Øivind once said, these are "coming out the pipe" soon. I've been working on getting strops done for a while and this morning, I spent some time with a local-ish leather worker, designing some strops for you amazing folks.

I currently have two prototype, bare-bones strops that I'm trying out. As you all know, I only sell stuff I'd actually use, so these are what I'm trying out. Both are 3"x25" strops. One is Red Latigo, the other is Veg Tanned Black English Bridle Leather. We're truly only going to use the best part of the hide, the back, and not the belly or sides. This will help keep shape and add years to the life of your strop. I'm also testing out a conditioning soap for strops and leather goods (razor rolls and knife rolls too) to see how it performs.

I'm actually considering selling beginners strops, just like the prototypes, with only leather (you can load the flesh side), and a simple leather string on either end for a handle and attachment point. If these interest anyone, let me know, and assuming these have nice polish and draw (which they should), I'll carry a beginner strop and something a bit more dressed up, perhaps with canvas on the back, or built in.

Here's a pic. Expect prices to be right in line with the other guys out there, so affordable, to say the least.

09/06

very nice, I just bought two bullhide belts in those colors.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Yeah, the black is understated sexy (like you, Son), and the red says, "I'm sexy and I know it".

I just did the first strop session with the Bridle Leather and was actually very happily surprised. I did a quick conditioning wash, let it dry and stropped about 30x per side. Very quick draw, with no pull, and a wickedly polished bevel. Hopefully I get a chance with the Latigo soon. Actually, I will, but it'll be tomorrow.
    09/06

I should likely make it clearer that the ones I'll be carrying will have appropriate hardware, rivets, the whole nine. UNLESS, someone wants a bargain basement price. If that's the case, I'll get these made up.
    09/06

I haven't done this in a while, but I've been patiently waiting for product. Here's the first teaser :

09/06

+ Reply to Thread