What are your favorite oven mitts?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
i've gone through a bunch over the years, and my favorite are the suede pair that JB PRince sells. they don't insulate quite as well as some others (i have a pair of Calphalon twill and silicone that comfortably carry 500 degree pans for minutes at a time, as if that's useful)], but i find the suede to be dextrous, and they cover more of my arm than other mitts i've owned, which is great for baking and grilling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hand towels at work. Welding gloves at home.

-AJ

I use a hand towel on pans on the range top, but i wouldn't want to pull a Dutch oven that has been sitting in an oven all day out with one...

Meh. Fold em over. Use a hand towel and my jacket cuff. Use two hand towels folded over. Whatever works. Never been a problem for me. Check out welding gloves. Cheap functional and I think what you are looking for. They have a gauntlet style so you have protection up up the forearm. And they are made for high heat.

-AJ

I use these and they're great. I use cloths as well but these things are a little smaller so they're often a lot handier than a cloth. They also stand up to very high temperatures. If you get hot water on them they ain't s good though as I'm sure you can imagine

Whatever my wife and I receive as gifts :pirate1: (I don't think we've ever purchased oven mitts)

Hand towel. And when it's too small to reach the second side of a big pan...whatever is in reach without discrimination....

And more often than I'd care to admit...skin.

Latest posts

Back