Quantcast
The Next Move - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Next Move

Congrats Kriegs - Keep us updated on how the transition goes and good luck.

Week one down. Sore and tired...never worked this hard in my life. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    Boston has an extremely small and incestious culinary scene. Everyone sees each other all the time and has hired, fired, worked with the same people at various restaurants. There are about 4 or 5 restaurant groups that have their teeth in and trade cooks, dishwashers, servers.
    Agreed. Work/ed north of Boston and on the outer 'burbs and everyone knows everyone. Every place I've worked/staged/stinted or ate at you'll see a dishwasher, cook, manager or server that you've worked with or heard about through the grapevine. I know this is common to the restaurant industry as a whole but I swear it holds truer in Boston. Very intermingled field.

are you at craigies? or Salt? only 2 restaurants that come to mind ( as In the only 2 in cambridge I have stage'd at )

if somewhere else id love to hear about it , I make trips to boston more regularly than NYC for food

maybe come up to my restaurant in VT

Quote Originally Posted by joex175 View Post
    are you at craigies? or Salt? only 2 restaurants that come to mind ( as In the only 2 in cambridge I have stage'd at )

if somewhere else id love to hear about it , I make trips to boston more regularly than NYC for food

maybe come up to my restaurant in VT
    Where's your restaurant in VT?

Craigie. I staged at Salts a little over a year ago before taking my job at Harvest. Thought about checking it out again, but decided to stick with Craigie. It's pretty brutal but extremely rewarding. I have friends at some great smaller restaurants around Boston (TW Foods, Canary Square,etc.) that you can check out. And yeah. what restaurant in VT? I dont get out of town too often, but you never know when I might have some free time.

I'm at the Inn at Weathersfield as Chef de Cuisine currently

just did 2 james beard dinners and are going for best chef north east currently for 2013

been getting some pretty nice awards for a little hole in the wall in VT

reason I mention best chef NE is I'd love some help getting some nominations for my boss if anyone felt like doing it
    the guy knows his **** and really deserves some recognition

I'm probably going to be up in NH next month. I'll try and stop by for dinner.

+ Reply to Thread