Quantcast
Mari in Stockholm, Sweden (Food P*rn Pt.1) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mari in Stockholm, Sweden (Food P*rn Pt.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    I think I did, and I just wasn't aware. LOL The food was fantastic, we pretty much just ate there every morning and for dinner. We had smorgasbord there!
    Nah, that's Verandan! Not even close to Mathias places, but good place non the less!

Great pictures Mari, thanks for sharing them with us!

(And welcome home.)

Also, the "tapwater is sometimes better than bottled water" Tapwater is better in about 99% of Sweden. And i happen to live in i think it's the 3rd best water-quality town/community in Sweden.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Nice pics Mari. Looks like a lot of fun. It stinks you couldn't meet up with Candlejack and make it an international transatlantic KKF meetup.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    Also, the "tapwater is sometimes better than bottled water" Tapwater is better in about 99% of Sweden. And i happen to live in i think it's the 3rd best water-quality town/community in Sweden.
    This is true in a lot of places in the US as well. There have been several blind tastings to support this. Of course, the tap water in my hometown is better than a lot of the bottled water in SoCal...and their tapwater really is awful.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    This is true in a lot of places in the US as well. There have been several blind tastings to support this. Of course, the tap water in my hometown is better than a lot of the bottled water in SoCal...and their tapwater really is awful.
    Yeah, i've read about that too. There's more control on the tap-water than it is on the bottled water. So in just about every case, almost, tap water is better.
    But one of the things we (don't really..) pride ourselves with in Sweden is some of the worlds best water.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I went to Disney land in Anaheim when I graduated high school... I admit the tapwater was so gross, I hated brushing my teeth. I did of course, brush my teeth, but you know... It was painful.

Beautiful pictures! I love the little write-up on the salvaged ship. I also got a nice chuckle that "American muffins" are cinnamon buns.

When the Vasa was raised an attempt at preservation was made using propylene glycol, I believe, and it has since been discovered that the "preservative" was dissolving the wood! I'm not sure what has been done recently, but the preservation work has not been simple!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig