Aki Matsuri 2012 with special guest, Chef Morimoto! (With pics from last year)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
For those who don't know, Korin is affiliated with the Gohan Society, which is a non-profit organization that aspires to foster an understanding and appreciation of Japan’s culinary heritage. Ms. Kawano founded the organization in hopes is to provide an opportunity for professionals, students, culinary educators, sommeliers and journalist to explore and share the uniqueness of their respective cuisine through international travel, work and play. The Gohan Society members believe that by inspiring food lovers alike through educational initiatives, they will expand and enrich their repertoires, artistry and cultural understanding.

Board members constitute of all of Ms. Kawano's personal chef friends such as Michael Romano, Nils Noran, Lee Ann Wong and many more!

2012_aki_matsuri_postcardfront-940x250.jpg

Time: October 04 @ 6:30pm to 9:30pm

79 North 11th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11249

Join the Event for...
  • Unique food from the best restaurants in NYC!
  • A variety of artisanal Sake!
  • Japanese Whisky!
  • Beer from Brooklyn Brewery!
  • Soh Daiko, the New York City-based premier taiko group will perform throughout the evening, adding a sense of energy and movement to what promises to be an already vibrant event!
  • We will also feature a Silent Auction and Raffle.

2012's Restaurant line up:
  • Morimoto
  • Oceana
  • Sushi Zen
  • Grammercy Tavern
  • Takahachi
  • Red Rooster Harlem
  • Tori Shin
  • Blue Ribbon Brooklyn
  • Soba Totto
  • Sakagura
  • Talde

pssssst... By the way, this year's special guest is a long time dear friend of Saori's... Japan's ever so famous iron chef, Masaharu Morimoto!!

Tickets are $125 for non-members, $100 for members.

To buy tickets, please click here!

I was at this event last year, but I promise it's worth every penny if not more. It's unlimited food, open bar, and wonderful people and chefs everywhere!

From last year's event, and things you can look forward to this year!

There is just something about bartenders that make them really bad a**... And I don't even drink.

Everyone was given a masu for sake.
Fun fact: Masu was originally used to measure rice during the feudal period in Japan.

Otafuku, serving takoyaki, yakisoba and okonomiyaki. :)

Open beer bar!

Handmade soba noodles! You can't get any more fresh than this.

Hundreds of people socializing, eating and having a wonderful time.

Top chef Lee Ann Wong saying a toast and thanking everyone who came. :)

Unfortunately, we can't grill at the venue this year. Brooklyn Brewery's fire alarm kept going off last year, so they asked us not to. Oh well.

Thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate everyone's support here on KKF. :)

Oh boy, would I ever get in trouble there! Wish I could be there!

Almost makes me willing to tolerate NYC for a day to be there, looks fantastic.

I would love to see you guy there! :)

It really is so much fun. I had a blast last year.

Back