Quantcast
Anatomy of an Avocado
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anatomy of an Avocado

Anatomy of an Avocado

With thanks and acknowledgement to The Doghouse Diaries.

Lol. Nicely done sir.
    Thanks for sharing.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

The diagram is missing the one mushy spot right in the middle that ruins the whole avocado
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

For me, the green stuff is pure evil. Can't eat them, they come up again right away...

Stefan

How many of you drink avocado 'juice'? It's great. In Indonesia they'll blend it - a little goes a long way - with ice, sugar and a little chocolate syrup.

World's healthiest fruit, no?

They make the blended drinks in Vietnamese restaurants around here, I'm sure Cutty Sharp has probably had a bowl of Pho with an avocado juice, great stuff.

Love avocado shakes
    Len

I eat an avocado 3-4 times a week. I just dress them up with Hungarian paprika, ground pepper, kosher salt, and olive oil. My 1.5-year-old loves them too. I also made avocado ice cream once. It was good, but I seem to remember it being impossibly hard to scoop.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by cookinstuff View Post
    They make the blended drinks in Vietnamese restaurants around here, I'm sure Cutty Sharp has probably had a bowl of Pho with an avocado juice, great stuff.
    Also love the durian and jackfruit drinks in Vietnamese places, and the syrupy fruit drinks (whole lychee, etc) are okay too. Whew, Pho is filling enough so don't know if I'd go with the advocado!

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Love avocado shakes
    They're really good with way-too-hot food and can extinguish any fires if that happens. Len, they probably taste good with your favourite spiced hummus.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I eat an avocado 3-4 times a week. I just dress them up with Hungarian paprika, ground pepper, kosher salt, and olive oil. My 1.5-year-old loves them too. I also made avocado ice cream once. It was good, but I seem to remember it being impossibly hard to scoop.
    The ice cream idea sounds promising!

Speaking of avacado, some time ago a fellow forum member and I were talking and I recalled a thread on KF about removing avacado pits. There were a bunch of people in the thread crying and moaning about how they refuse to use their nice knives to remove the pit. Some were worried their thin knives would chip or crack. Others claimed their knives would travel completely through the pit and into their palms. I have used my damascus Del to pull out avacado pits and those had to be reground because they were too thin. The guy I was talking to used a yanagi to remove his. Again, no harm done. As for cutting all the way through the pit...well it's not that hard, but when you hold it in your hand, just don't swing that hard silly.

http://youtu.be/YkMfSinItNE
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney