Japanese Knives JKI Gear- Japanese Knife Imports Aprons

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Introducing the first of our JKI Gear... Japanese Knife Imports/Gesshin Aprons

http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/gesshin-1/jki-gear/japanese-knife-imports-apron.html

resized_img_1623.jpg

resized_img_1624.jpg

This style of apron is often worn by store workers, craftsmen, and sometimes by chefs at casual restaurants. They are made from a thick and durable cloth and are worn around the waist, resting on the hip bone. These aprons often had household or company symbols on them, so we had them made for us with our Gesshin logo. Historically, you could find aprons like these at sake, vinegar, and rice companies.

We had a good time designing it :) I'm really proud that we've designed it by ourselves <3

Hmm I thought you have one pair slippers for sharpening station, another pair for walking customers, another pair for your desk, etc :flame:

Awesome!

When are the t-shirts coming out? :) If you do make t-shirts, please make them what I like to call "Japanese style": big graphic on the back, small graphic on the right chest.

Oh, what does the kanji along the top of the apron say?

When are the t-shirts coming out? :) If you do make t-shirts, please make them what I like to call "Japanese style": big graphic on the back, small graphic on the right chest.
Sorry, meant to say "left chest".

Awesome!

its funny you mention that cause they're being printed right now ;)

Just another thing to add to the wishlist. In addition to knives I'm an apron junkie.

I want a JKI imports tee!!!! Btw- from now on, whenever I see a post from either of you- this pic( of you and sarah ) is going to be my immediate mental image. I think this is how you should greet customers:D

Yeah these and t-shirts are outstanding Ideas. I'm definitely working room into the budget for one of those.

Looking forward to an apron, tee, and gesshin 400!

not much for baseball caps but have you considered a headband like the sushi chefs wear?

My brother picked me up a couple tenugui a short while back when he was in Kamakura. They serve many uses but if you work in a kitchen wearing a 4-way, they are great to have on your hip, wish I had them sooner. I'm sure I'll have another someday from JKI!

yes, I'm often amazed how well Japanese traditional cotton textiles are made... and when they are dyed in traditional ways, they also become cooler as they get more used. love them!

We are hoping so :) We both really like our design.... can't wait to share it with you guys!

There wasn't any washing instructions on the apron I bought a couple of months ago. Any suggestions?

There wasn't any washing instructions on the apron I bought a couple of months ago. Any suggestions?

Wasabi and swarf as detergents- cold water only. :D

These aprons look great btw !

cold water and detergent (NO BLEACH), and hang dry (NO DRYER) :) hope you are enjoying it :) !

The aprons look nice but are not for me - strings won't fit around me ;)

Stefan

Back