• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

f/s forgecrafts

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
2- 10 in forgecrafts one from the 50's and one from the early 60's. The one from the 50's is in great condition and needs to be sharpened an given a little bit of love. The one from the 60's the previous owner converted to a suji, but never finished. It is fully 3/8 of an inch shorter than the chef knife. There is no edge on it, it needs to be thinned and given a little tlc. It will make a sweet little suji when done. Both are going to be $40 and $5 conus shipping.

forgecraft 2 001.jpg

forgecraft 2 002.jpg

forgecraft 2 003.jpg

forgecraft 2 004.jpg

forgecraft 2 005.jpg

forgecraft 2 006.jpg

forgecraft 2 007.jpg

forgecraft 2 008.jpg

forgecraft 2 009.jpg

forgecraft 2 010.jpg

sorry I meant chef knife sold pending funds. The suji is still available.

that is fast sold!! congratulation!!

Nice pick-up!

I love those guys!

Well here is another 10" forgecraft chef knife up for sale, it just came in today. This one is pristine and has never been used. When it came in it still had the lacquer coating on it and I can tell you 50 year old lacquer is a ***** to get off. for those of you who don't know Washington Forge owned the Forgecraft brand along with dozen of other brands and lines.The forgecraft brand went out of business in 1968, so there were none made after that. They were sold up into the early eighties as restaurant supply houses and independent dealers sold off their remaining inventory. So the newest knives out there are going to be at least 44 years old.
Since this one is, In perfect like new condition, I am going to sell it for $50 plus $5 conus shipping.

forgecraft2 001.jpg

forgecraft2 002.jpg

forgecraft2 003.jpg

forgecraft2 004.jpg

forgecraft2 010.jpg

Wow, that is rare, never used. Rick, are you going to use it, or keep it in unusd state?

Wow, that is rare, never used. Rick, are you going to use it, or keep it in unusd state?

Matt,

There has been so much buzz around the forum lately about the Forgecraft and 'ODC' in general that I bought it to see what it was all about. I intend to sharpen it up and see how it performs, unless there is a large number of cries of "Sacrilege!" from everyone.

Rick

I would say sacrilege if you didn't intend to use it. It is a tool, yes a somewhat old tool but a tool none the less, you wouldn't think anything about using a hammer fromtge 50's or 60's no reason to think differently about a knife. While nice and I'm sure a pleasure to be used there is no reason to pretend it's something it's not, a mass produced tool to be used. Use it well and feel pride in putting something to work that hasnt yet fufilled it's purpose.

If you don't want to use it, I'll give you one and it'll all come out in the wash (or some cliché). It's a pretty awesome collectable.

Let me know, my friend. :)

I would say sacrilege if you didn't intend to use it. It is a tool, yes a somewhat old tool but a tool none the less, you wouldn't think anything about using a hammer fromtge 50's or 60's no reason to think differently about a knife. While nice and I'm sure a pleasure to be used there is no reason to pretend it's something it's not, a mass produced tool to be used. Use it well and feel pride in putting something to work that hasnt yet fufilled it's purpose.

I'm going to have to keep this in mind as I have a hard time bringing my vintage sabs to work. Though they are my most used knives at home. I guess that's enough. Used gently is better than not used at all.

Matt,

There has been so much buzz around the forum lately about the Forgecraft and 'ODC' in general that I bought it to see what it was all about. I intend to sharpen it up and see how it performs, unless there is a large number of cries of "Sacrilege!" from everyone.

Rick

It's 1095 and will take a wicked edge, It sucks on edge retention, but that's what hones and strops are for. I would say it is similar to a Sabatier. It's the comfort and blade profile I like. If I could find someone who would be willing to heat treat it to it's full potential, I would do it. You would have an exceptional knife then.

There is an interesting proposition. Is there any reason why one of these could not be heat treated again?

I'll offer one up if someone wants to do it.

If I could stuff more than 11 inches into my oven I would be all over it! There is always the BGE, though...............

I am working on a special project right now and should have it done in a week or two, maybe I can get one of the guys to throw it in the next time they do heat treat. Marko doesn't live too far away and it's not like he is busy or anything.lol

Back