Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pass-Around Sign Up

Folks! Here is an update on a pass-around.

Two people have tried and reviewed the knife. I implemented the changes recommended, however, I ground this knife some months ago and I made an adjustment to my grind since - I decided to grind a little thicker on the spine so it almost completely eliminates flex. This came from pro kitchen feedback, a little extra weight (more than stiffness at the spine) would be beneficial for doing a lot of prep work. I started grinding with leaving some more metal on the spine and haven't seen much of a drop in performance, so this grind will be my standard grind and thinner knives will be available as an option.

So I decided to pull this knife out of the pass-around and replace it with another. Same goes for a handle - I too made some changes to the D to include recommendations, so it is a bit different handle now.

I think it would be appropriate for a pass-around knife to be as close to my current work as possible, but the catch is I need to make the new knife and that adds to the waiting time. However, you guys are patient bunch and for me it is a never ending learning experience, so I hope you will accommodate me on this change. The bottom line, I want to keep improving my knives and one way to do it is to implement marginal changes as they are recommended, and to send out an "updated" knife.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Is it to late to jump in on this when its ready?
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Thanks Marko, I would much prefer to wait and receive the current offering. I love the fact that you are ready to implement changes so readily if they will improve the product. That being said--I can't wait to try it!

Cheers!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

The number of participants in the current pass-around is fixed.

It is not going fast to begin with, and adding more participants will just add to the waiting time and more work to manage it. Plus, I want to have the knife back after maximum of 5-10 participants, to make sure it is in the shape I want it to be. Typically, correcting profile, thinning and refinishing adds 2 hours every time I do it.

I think reviews (many on the pass-around list are pros) will give folks an idea about my knives, and my satisfaction guaranteed policy (7 day return) should give you a peace of mind, should the knife not meet your expectation.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

No problem. I understand. No harm in asking though, right. Your knives have caught my interest for some time now
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Sounds good Marko
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.