Quantcast
Pass-Around Sign Up
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pass-Around Sign Up

Cool Pass-Around Sign Up Thread

I have heat treated a pass around blade and will start working on it shortly, so it is time to sign up some participants.

Some of the conditions I copied form other folks' pass-arounds, and some I added. Please make sure you are in an agreement with all conditions before signing up. I am planning on ten participants, 5 pro and 5 home users, but I will play by ear depending on the response. I am not going to do a sign up on a first-come-first-serve basis as this leaves some folks out. Instead I will do a lottery-like selection, should there be more than ten people interested.

- Forum regulars or if you are newer, you would have one of the seniors vouch for you
    - One week per participant
    - Sharpen only if you consider yourself a decent sharpener
    - If a blade is damaged, it has to be returned to me for fixing before it is resumed to be passed around. If a damage is minor, then it could be fixed by a participant, but I need to be notified about it beforehand.
    - A participant is responsible for a postage (insured for a full value) to the next person on the list.
    -I want a participant to compare my knife to his/her best performing knife. Areas of comparison should include sharpen-ability (please see conditions above), edge retention, edge maintenance (with a strop), geometry, profile, food release, handle comfort, fun to use, etc. Anything one can comment on, I would be interested.

As these are still experimental knives, with experimental heat treatment and grind, there is still much to learn from other people's experience with them and users' feedback has proved to be invaluable thus far.

In short, I look for an objective feedback/review and expect a constructive criticism. If you don't want to post it in public, send it to me in private.

Thank you.

PS: When signing up, please indicate if you are a pro or home user. You can use the knife as hard as you want, but as intended.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

I'm in! Home user.

Please consider me among the home users. Is this a 260mm gyuto?

Thanks,

Mark

I'd love to take part! Pro user.

Quote Originally Posted by markenki View Post
    Please consider me among the home users. Is this a 260mm gyuto?

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark it is 260mm on the edge, ground symmetrically, but it will come with a D handle for a right hand user. Octagonal would be more appropriate, but I would like folks to try my D, as I find it more comfortable than octagonal.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

i would like to test it out as a pro user. Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Mark it is 260mm on the edge, ground symmetrically, but it will come with a D handle for a right hand user. Octagonal would be more appropriate, but I would like folks to try my D, as I find it more comfortable than octagonal.

M
    Thanks, Marko, sounds good. I've had no problems using right-handed D handles, so that's not an issue for a lefty like me.

I would like to test it out as well. Pro user. I have never been involved in a pass around so I'm not sure if I will need vouching for. I've been a board member for A year and a half.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I'm in !!! Pro user
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I would like to test it too. Pro user.
    Chewie's the man.