Quantcast
Your Current Favorite Knife you own - Photos please
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Current Favorite Knife you own - Photos please

Your Current Favorite Knife you own - Photos please

I was hoping some of you would post a photo of the one knife that you own that is your current favorite.
    If you are like me you will like your different knives for different reasons. But what I had in mind for this thread would be to share photos and information about the one knife you own right now that you are the most proud of.
    You know, the fanciest, coolest, best performing knife you have that you would not even consider getting rid of.

Over time your current favorite will change. I know mine does. When that happens maybe you will post your new favorite.
    Hopefully this thread will develop into a place where we can all go to see the kind of knives we would all love to own.

I am not posting a photo yet because my favorite is being made right now. I will post a photo when it arrives.

Remember; the one knife you own that is your current favorite.
    I thought this thread might show the knife makers what we like best, as well as give us all ideas for a new knife we may not have thought of. Me.....I just like to look at the pretty pictures.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

My practice knife: Hiromoto AS, originally 190 santoku. On top: Misono Swedish 240, under: Robert Herder K2HRC60.

http://s19.postimage.org/ry5jgw2w3/28062012139.jpg

Don't have pics but here is a link
    http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com...yuto-p/588.htm

I also got a petty , it is also awesome.

Fujiwara 270

Photos Please.
    Maybe you could tell us a little about the knife and why you like it so much.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

If I had to pick one, (not that I have many) it would be this, my rehandled 270 Western Konosuke HD. Why do I like it so much? One of the main reasons I like it now because it was in pretty bad shape when I got it. I got it here basically unused (Thanks Alan!) but the fit and finish was horrendous and there was a large overgrind in the edge which revealed itself after first sharpening. So I thinned and polished it a little and now it performs very very well. It was rehandled by Tilman Leder and he did a great job. He also carried out my request that he add a little kink to the end which I have always liked so the knife is a little different to other HDs and fits in your hand a little better than the stock handle. So basically I like how it looks but the performance is also great

Edit: Can you see the pics now?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0247.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	9780

Name:	IMAG0230.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	9781

Name:	IMAG0249.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	9779

Name:	IMAG0243.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	9782

Sorry Steven, can't see the pix. Access to your image host is protected.

No pics, right now, but my Pettysuki, by Pierre and my Everything Knife by Mike Davis. I just laid a skid of sod and that little beast cut every piece
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

right now, the winners are SHIGEFUSA Santoku Kitaeji 165mm & Yoshikane SLD Kurouchi Damascus 240mm!!

Suisin Inox Honyaki wa-gyuto:

Attachment 9783

This was my first "serious" knife...alas this was an uboxing pic rather than a current pic as it's out of the house for a bit being sharpened by someone whose skills are much more on par with what this knife can do. Very excited about getting it back and comparing a professional edge on this (vs OOTB) against the rest of the collection...hopefully this edge will hold up long enough for me to work up the courage to put an edge on it myself!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.