Japanese Knives Live Deba Repair and Sharpening

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of JBro is always good :) apron + slipper?

But we want to see what the customers want.....

Yeah, you're in LA... get them to sign the releases and let us see! Doesn't everybody in LA keep appearance releases on them? LOL

Just tuned in... I think I've overheard Jon advising on parking! Apparently you can stay as long as you like, so long as you put in money.... Eeuuee - the wheel has been activated and is letting out a spaceship-like hum. One blade is being examined and perfected. Jon, a portrait of concentration. And in the background, the same cream-coloured car remains motionless!

Listening to some Eminem, Jon?

... Cool! Phone call just received. To Sara: 'Can I call him back? I'm right in the middle of knife-sharpening.' The man has his priorities straight!

done and done... i might clean up the spine a bit more (it had hammer marks on it from someone who had no clue and picked up this guys knife)

A few swipes to remove burr, wipes, checks, newspaper stops off cam, more wipes and checks, et voila! Knife shown to cam and he's finished! Looks good, and exactly the attention to detail you'd expect.

it was more of a general repair from wrong angles plus some spine repair, and fixing of the shinogi line

so, whats the verdict today? Live feed cool and worthwhile or stupid and a waste of time?

Already said - it was fun to see. But a bit awkward for you if you need to pause for calls/customers. You could do sharpening tutorials that way, though.

More info- is always more betterer.

I liked it. Always cool to see skilled workers work. I even liked hearing you talk to customers, but that's because I'm an observational person.

I watched about a hr. of what was recorded. nice set up. Did you use x-split for your streaming software? I hope you do some more streaming.

Back