Quantcast
What's New Today - Brand New Pieces in the Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's New Today - Brand New Pieces in the Store

What's New Today - Brand New Pieces in the Store

It looks like I will be adding new pieces to our web store nonstop through this fall and winter.
    Instead of posting a new thread every time I add new stuff, I thought maybe I would just do an ongoing thread.
    That way anyone who is interested can just check this thread and see what is the latest new stuff.

You are welcome to post any comments here you want. It helps me to know what you guys like and what you don't.

When I post a photo in this thread, that will be pieces that I have just finished adding to the Brand New Pieces section of our webstore. The new items will remain in that section usually for a day or two. At least until I add some other new wood to the store. After that any remaining pieces will be moved to the appropriate subcategories.

On the left side of the page you will see the categories.
    As an example;
    If you click on the category for Stabilized Wood Knife Handle Material, you will be given the option to scroll down through all the stabilized wood in the store. Or you could just click on Redwood or ? if that is what you want to look at.

Even if you don't need anything it can be fun to look at the photos.
    I am doing my best to get the coolest and most unusual woods I can find from all over the world.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@burlsales.com
    Visit our web store

Really Good Redwood Burl - New 8/9/12

This is some really good stabilized Redwood burl that I just added to the web store. A few 2nd Growth pieces and several old growth. Click on the photo to go to the web store if you want to take a closer look.

Visit our web store

Compression Curl & Red Koa - New 8/9/12

Added some new Koa today as well.
    The red Koa is my favorite color for Koa. A couple of the compression curl pieces have really really bold figure. Nice stuff.
    Visit our web store

Carbon Dated Ancient Bog Oak Blocks - 9/9/12

I just added a handful of Stabilized Bog Oak blocks to the store. Carbon dated to be 5460 years old.
    These are a bit smaller blocks than the last batch so the prices are lower as well.

Visit our web store

Claro Walnut Burl - added 9/9/12

These are some real nice stabilized blocks of Claro Walnut burl I just added to the store.
    Claro Walnut is one of the types of Walnut that grows in California. Tends to have good contrasting colors and 3 dimensional figure.

Visit our web store

Spalted Oregon Maple Burl - added 9/10/12

These are some stabilized blocks of really colorful Spalted Oregon Maple Burl I just added to the store.

Visit our web store

Lots of pre-cut scales

Good stuff for full tang knife handles.
    Visit our web store

XLG Bog Oak Stabilized Blocks - Carbon Dated 5460 Years Old

I just finished adding this new batch of Extra Large Stabilized Bog Oak blocks to our web store. Many of these blocks will have some figuring. At first glance the blocks just look black but when the light hits from different angles weird flecks and stuff can show up. Click on the photos in the listings for a life size photo.
    These blocks were professionally stabilized by K&G. One of the very best professional wood stabilizing companies.
    These are blocks of Bog Oak from the Ukraine. Very dark black and charcoal coloring with a nice metallic luster. Included with each block you will receive a hard copy of the carbon dating report for this 5460 year old Bog Oak. This is some of the best quality Bog Oak I have ever seen. Bog Oak are old oak trees that settled into the muck in the bottom of waterways thousands of years ago. As it sits in the muck the wood absorbs minerals and turns darker colors. Usually the oldest pieces are the darkest.

We are so sure you will love this wood that it comes with a No questions asked, Money back guarantee.
    Free USPS Priority Mail Shipping Worldwide.

Click on the photo to go to the Brand New Pieces section of the store where these blocks are located.

If you are a member of the knife forums you can have a 10% discount off your purchase by entering the letters forum in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout.

If you are a repeat customer you can have a slightly larger 20% discount off your purchase by entering the letters repeat in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout. I felt that my repeat customers should be given a slightly larger discount.

This is a copy of the carbon dating report for the log these blocks were cut from.
    Visit our web store

Mark, you always have the most beautiful woods.
    I wish I could buy them all.

I love you and I hate you Mark - Couldn't pass up the bog oak any longer.

+ Reply to Thread