Media 14 Course Tasting

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
This was conceived, prepared and filmed in a rush during one hectic night. Sorry if it feels exactly that way.

[video=youtube;jxD485mx67M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxD485mx67M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Nice looking food! Though I must say, the portions look rather large for a 14 course tasting..unless they were intended to be shared I suppose.

Looks great! Oysters, hamachi, steak tartare, SPANISH MACK, pork belly, veal cheeks and pizza...holy crap some people got spoiled. Any wine or beer pairings with this meal?

Thanks guys! There were indeed pairings with the meal though for the life of me I couldn't remember if I tried.

I guess the camera does indeed add 15 lbs :D Since there isn't anything to see as a reference point it's hard to judge what size they are. For instance I took one 8oz duck breast and sliced it into four portions. The mackerel was almost a 3 oz piece. The sushi I actually lost the actual footage and had to use a film from the next day which is why it seems presented differently. It was only one piece during the tasting meal though. The only course where I thought the portion was large was the pork belly. When I said during plating, "That should almost be cut in half", I was told, "Yeah but they'll like it." Ok Chef. Also I am showing you a three hour meal in just 3 minutes, so yeah it seems like a lot of food all at once as well.

I still need to annotate the dishes with better descriptions of the ingredients. I may get around to that in the next few days if I can.

Back