Bacon wrapped meatloaf stuffed with cheese

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
Fixed my favorite meatloaf last weekend. Bacon wrapped meatloaf stuffed with cheese. I used a bacon weave to wrap the meatloaf. If you have not tried making a weave it is pretty easy. I does a real good job of trapping in all the moister and flavor, making for a juicy meatloaf.

Here are some pics.

ISrjk.St.117.jpg

k0pwB.St.117.jpg

1nUMXw.St.117.jpg

W9H0K.St.117.jpg

Fold alternating slices of bacon in half length wise, then lay a slice of bacon across the alternating slices of bacon next to the fold.

7kCcl.St.117.jpg

Just keep repeating.

14B8Sb.St.117.jpg

daKOX.St.117.jpg

PYqPn.St.117.jpg

PxYQq.St.117.jpg

kQlbg.St.117.jpg

mv80y.St.117.jpg

Recipe and more detailed instructions here.

Now I have to go get some lunch so I can stop drooling. That looks GREAT. Really helpful WIP, too!:doublethumbsup:

I don't care for meatloaf....but that is gorgeous. :thumbsup2:

WOW! I'm going to do that this week for sure.

I can see epidemiologists scratching their heads, trying to explain an unexpected surge of cardiovascular events in a heterogeneous group of individuals who seem to have nothing in common except a tendency to hoard kitchen knives ;) But it sure does look good. Calls for mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans.

Stefan

Chances are we have more in common than just kitchen knives...

That looks like a BBQ trick I had seen, but never with meatloaf. Slathered with gravy and mashed potatoes. Yum. May need to try this one. Quite inspirational.

Missed the link. Thanks for pointing it out--I MUST try this one!

Nice, I had to cook for the staff cafe and was given a bunch of ground beef, bison and venison. Cooked off some onion, got a nice dry spice blend going. and Wrapped it all in bacon

That looks really good - I can see it as a fresh canvas with different core ingredients.

Tried out my own bacon wrapped meatloaf on the grill... I'm not usually that into meatloaf but it was damn tasty if I do say so myself. Thanks for the great idea!

That looks sooo good! I might just have to try this one! Thanks... :happymug:

hmmm bacon... maybe you can also put msg furikake (sprinkles) on top... :) !

Tried out my own bacon wrapped meatloaf on the grill... I'm not usually that into meatloaf but it was damn tasty if I do say so myself. Thanks for the great idea!

Great! Glad you liked it! How did your weave turn out?

Latest posts

Back