Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Padding for the post count

Original Knerd of Knives

Padding for the post count

Is not allowed. Seen some of this going on lately. We'd much rather someone pm the mod/admin team to ask for a special bst permission to be granted than to have our "what's new" function clogged up with replies to older welcome posts.
    I personally would be wary of buying a knife from someone who does this.
    Thanks
    "When you're driving behind a Prius, there's 100% chance that nothing exciting will happen" -Karring M.

I've noticed it over the past couple days as well with one-liner comments that don't seem to contribute much to the particular discussion, if the particular discussion is even current.

Quote Originally Posted by tjangula View Post
    I've noticed it over the past couple days as well with one-liner comments that don't seem to contribute much to the particular discussion, if the particular discussion is even current.
    I'm tired of this too. People adding no value, just shooting prattle from the hip. I'm sure I've done it too but I try to refrain, unless I can add something to the conversation. I don't see how we're going to change that though without somebody getting offended.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Agreed, though I sometimes wonder if threads like this might need to be posted under kitchen knife before being moved to support? Not sure a lot of the newer members use the what's new feature?
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    I'm tired of this too. People adding no value, just shooting prattle from the hip. I'm sure I've done it too but I try to refrain, unless I can add something to the conversation. I don't see how we're going to change that though without somebody getting offended.
    Dennis, he's talking about the new members who try to get to 50 posts ASAP so they can post in b/s/t, so they start putting a couple word comments on a ton of posts, including many that are pretty old, just to drive up their post count.

I thought it used to be 30 days plus 50 posts to be eligible for B/S/T.

Do we still have post count bar for PM functionality? I got a spam PM from a robot, via PM without any post a while back.

I got a spam PM probably back in February or March, I wasn't the only one as I recall seeing it in support.

I think it's one thing to say "wow those knives, handles, sayas, plating, etc. look great {insert vendor or member name here}"; I know I've done this and I'm not the only one; but when ancient threads are resurrected for no other apparent reason and the subject member isn't really active anywhere else on the forum it does raise suspicions.

Original Knerd of Knives
    bump
    "When you're driving behind a Prius, there's 100% chance that nothing exciting will happen" -Karring M.

Remove the "50 post" rule from B/S/T and change to solely time as a (contributing) member?

They're at 51, no posts since Fall 2014 and then BAM! I remember seeing an lol thread where someone was wondering why they couldn't post in BST as soon as they hit 50, not realizing that it happens overnight.