Quantcast
Having Insert Image Problems?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having Insert Image Problems?

Having Insert Image Problems?

1. You must be a supporting member (or vendor/hobbyist) to be able to upload images directly from your hard drive to KKF.

2. If you are a supporting member and still having problems then check your image types and/or file sizes to see if they comply with our maximum allowed dimensions.

To avoid screen blowout; if an image being uploaded is larger than the maximum allowed dimensions (file-size) an attempt to resize the image will be tried, however, this may fail if the image is too large to be successfully processed or if the image type is not supported for resizing. If the image can be resized it will be proportionately resized to the maximum dimensions for that image type.

KKF's image processing library supports the following file types: GIF, JPEG, and PNG

Maximium file sizes allowed
    :

JPEG = 1GB or 1024x768

GIF = 20KB or 800x600

PNG = 1GB or 1024x768

Resized images will be converted to JPG images to conserve space.

Resizing conversions are as follows:

JPEG => JPEG
    PNG => JPEG
    GIF => JPEG

3. If you are using the "Go Advanced" reply option you can use the "Manage Attachment" feature which will allow for thumbnails to be inserted into the bottom of your post. Thumbnail size is 600pixels but will show full size images (in another window tab) when clicked upon.

Directions...
    Go Advanced> Manage Attachments> Add Files> Select Files> Upload Files

Q: What should I do if my images are too large for uploading?

A: Resize them before uploading. Better yet even, use the settings on your camera to adjust the size of the image being recorded to what is supported here.

Q: What do I do if my images are the wrong file type for uploading?

A: Convert them to the correct file type before uploading. Better yet, use the settings on your camera to record your image in a file type that is supported here.

Q: I'm inserting an image into a post and I receive a message saying "Attachment XXXXX" instead of my inserted image showing, what is going on here?

A: See the above first two Q&A's

Lately, none of my images post up.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Just wondering why for some threads we aren't given an option to add attached images. For example, I can add images to other posts but not to Devin's thread about parers. Can vendors set their rules for uploading?

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

I have trouble with the actual pic displaying the first time. I usually have to go back, delete the link, and re-post in order to see the image.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Just wondering why for some threads we aren't given an option to add attached images. For example, I can add images to other posts but not to Devin's thread about parers. Can vendors set their rules for uploading?

k.

You shouldn't have this happen, it's telling me that a setting is off in that forum. I'll go have a looksee....

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post

k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    You shouldn't have this happen, it's telling me that a setting is off in that forum. I'll go have a looksee....

K, your usergroup wasn't enabled to attach images in about 1/2 of the vendor forums. You telling me where the problem was made it easy for me to find and fix, thanks.

PSA;
    Do NOT load photos using the image upload if you ever want to be able to delete those images in the future. I've never participated a forum with image upload before where I couldn't have complete control over my own images. I've gone back and forth with Ryan over the last several weeks. Multiple times I've been told the images I wanted to clean out of my account would be deleted but as of yet this has not happened. Just use Photobucket or one of the other FREE photo sites that will allow you to always have control over your account Vs loading images from your hard drive.

k.
    I am having this issue in the Korin forum right now. If there is anything to do on my end please let me know.
    Thanks.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I am having this issue in the Korin forum right now. If there is anything to do on my end please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Just another glitch in the Matrix. Should be fixed now.

+ Reply to Thread