• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Haslinger chefs 10" and Azuma 30cm Blue 1 yanagiba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKerr

Reaction score
Making room for future acquisitions so here we are:

Thomas Haslinger 10" chefs in CPM s35vn with (I think) spalted maple handle. Picked this up mid June this year. Been used in the work rotation, but still in good condition as you would expect from such a new knife.
Pros: Comfy handle, pretty, super thin tip, quality steel and HT (IMO)
Cons: Sticktion sucks with starchy foods, sides are pretty scuffed up (i did this intentionally to see if it'd help with sticktion, could probably fix it fairly fast with some micromesh pads), there was a very overgrind in the edge about 2" in front of the heel on the right side; it's been getting smaller over the course of sharpening and doesn't seem to cause any issues now.

Paid $480 (minus P+P), **** has one for $440. Asking $400USD ono. I'll pay postage and paypal only.
DSC_0026.jpgDSC_0027.jpgDSC_0028.jpgDSC_0029.jpg

Next: Azuma Minamoto Blue 1 30cm yanagiba. Think this is about 6 or 7 months old now. Sharpened a few times and seen very little use until recently. Generally it's only been used in the house and has only touched calamari at work. Some patina, still is good condition. Here's the link: http://yhst-27988581933240.stores.y...-no-masahisa-yanagiba-300mm-blue-i-st300.html
F+F is pretty hit and miss which seems to be common with AMMs knives. Finish on the ura is a touch uneven at the tip and there's some stray scratches there too (arrived like this). Handle is pretty poorly fitted too (see pic). Takes a great edge though, very easy to sharpen, spine is nicely rounded, choil is decent. Saya is pretty stained from sitting in my knife tray at work.
Paid $395 (minus P+P), asking $340 USD ono, I'll pay postage and paypal only.
DSC_0031.jpgDSC_0032.jpgDSC_0033.jpgDSC_0034.jpgDSC_0035.jpg

I'll also consider cleaver trades.

Cheers,
Josh

Bump and price drop:

Haslinger $380
Azuma $320

Cheers,
Josh

Bump and last price drop:

Haslinger $360
Azuma $300