Quantcast
Haslinger Giveaway!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haslinger Giveaway!!!

How about have those interested make a donation to KKF in an obscure amount, like $5.67 and someone can enter those names with the peculiar amount in a spreadsheet, then go from there?

Alright, i'm gonna run it by Dave. I think we're going to have to keep it open to anyone, but I would love for those who enter to donate to the forum. No minimum or maximum donation , but I still want to know how much our little giveaway raised, so perhaps the obscure amount idea will make it trackable.

Thanks again, guys (and Lucretia)
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Still working this one out, and waiting a bit, in light of recent fundraising efforts (great job, Bill!!!). However, I brought the Haslinger into the firehall today, got an unprocessed loin, and ended up with this:

It was a "rush job", but man, is this tip great for trimming silverskin and fat! Oh...this is for 8 guys....
    09/06

Or me and Pierre - hehe

You guys eat too much!!! Haha

So, in a random turn of events, the Haslinger has been passed-on to another member of this great forum. He's a cool guy who I meet up with pretty regularly and he happens to work with another member here, who I'm sure will get his turn with the knife. It'll be used in a pro kitche by these guys (knuts) and I expect a fair bit of cool reviewy type material.

After that, this thing is gonna find a loving home
    09/06

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    Or me and Pierre - hehe
    lol! Hopefully Tom won't burn them!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

I don't even have that word in my vocabulary...and not cuz I'm dumb, but because of the obvious. So there! Haha
    09/06

lol!!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Gave this thing a good trial today, does well on striploins, and slicing proteins on line. Not the greatest for vegetables for myself. I came from using a french chef knife as a young lad, and kind of went to gyutos. If you enjoy a good german profile, with good steel, good edge, this is the knife for you, it isn't the knife for me though.

I am too much of a push/pull cutter for this guy. Like I said, it really wants to slice protein, but it just doesn't have the profile I am looking for as a versatile chefs knife, I would need a flatter gyuto for vegetables. It would be a nice line knife, it's got a short enough blade height to slice well, and can do anything in a pinch. So, if you like the profile, this knife won't let you down, it's a bit handle heavy, but feels pretty good and gets nice and sharp. Thinking about its profile, first thing I am going to do is dice an onion with it tomorrow, it might do the business on dicing onions.

Thanks for letting Trev take this for a run Tom, I saw it this morning and said, "I know that knife" I have been interested in Haslinger's work for a couple years now, just never got around to ordering one for myself, his profiles never struck me, I always thought, nice knife, not for me though. This little trial kind of confirmed that for me, but I would have no problem ordering a custom in a slightly flatter gyuto shape, or just not a gyuto, something else altogether. Good to support the forum guys, and also good to support our fellow Canadians, there isn't a lot of us making knives.

+ Reply to Thread